bclark7b

Any Luck In Upstate Ny?

930 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2017 at 9:13 PM, 98 Elite 203 said:

7372C9CC-5145-45DD-86FF-A7CF9F86C8F8_zps

Nice fish!

I did Round Lake last week after all that rain we got. Water was up about a foot. Ran a squarebill over the top of the grass with moderate success. Most of the fish I caught were tight to the bank hitting frogs.

It's tough for me to get excited about fishing that lake though. I'm on a kayak so I have to get out there around 4:30 am before all the boats hits the water.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, BuzzHudson19c said:

Nice fish!

I did Round Lake last week after all that rain we got. Water was up about a foot. Ran a squarebill over the top of the grass with moderate success. Most of the fish I caught were tight to the bank hitting frogs.

It's tough for me to get excited about fishing that lake though. I'm on a kayak so I have to get out there around 4:30 am before all the boats hits the water.

I've heard some great things about round lake holding some giants. I also kayak fish been planing on making it out there some point this year. Heard it gets really weedy though. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, BuzzHudson19c said:

Nice fish!

I grew up in round lake. Actually, my parents still live in town and so doesn't my grandmother, who is on the town board. Its where I grew up fishing... I can't stand that new launch. They ruined that lake 10 times over.

I never fish the banks. Only in the spring. You get the numbers at the banks, but the quality that lake has is not there. You might hate me if you saw all my big fish pictures from there, including a 9.2 and 10.6lb largemouth.

everyone is on a kayak now at that place. 

and if you are interested, I filmed a show with Mike D on "Lunkerville" last year. I didn't want to do round lake or ballston because they are special places to me so I brought him to Paradox lake.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, 98 Elite 203 said:

I grew up in round lake. Actually, my parents still live in town and so doesn't my grandmother, who is on the town board. Its where I grew up fishing... I can't stand that new launch. They ruined that lake 10 times over.

Grew up in Mechanicville. I'm more at home on the river.

I agree about the launch. It's one thing on a big lake like Saratoga, but for a 200 acre lake it becomes a burden.

Round is 330 acres actually.

and yes, it's too much.

1 person likes this