bclark7b

Any Luck In Upstate Ny?

Wanna catch smallies come up by me I got ya smallies either by boat or shore or kayak(favorite) I'll get you some smallies.

I caught 2 nice smallies in the Upper Niagara River, where it meets Two Mile Creek, in Tonawanda

• Like 3

I hope it's as on fire in everyone's backyard like it is in mine right now. I fished for three hours this evening, and lost count of the 3+ lbers. I never cracked 5lbs tonight, but I had several over 4.

I hope it stays on fire until the weekend!

I hope it stays on fire until the weekend!

I'm sure you have seen that our high temps are going to barely make it out of the 50's this weekend..................enjoy it now, the crash is coming.

Yup, the bite is definitely on. I just wish I got to make it out Monday and Tuesday. Had a pretty good night tonight, and I will not be missing another day this week!

I'm sure you have seen that our high temps are going to barely make it out of the 50's this weekend..................enjoy it now, the crash is coming.

Can't get out till the weekend.  But after that winter I'll take whatever fishing I get.

• Like 1

Can't get out till the weekend.  But after that winter I'll take whatever fishing I get.

I'm with you. I won't be able to get until Saturday. But, I'll be fishing whatever the weather and temp.

smallies like this were all over the place at the new york power authority fishing area in SchenectadyeAsPsv9.jpg

• Like 2

I caught 2 nice smallies in the Upper Niagara River, where it meets Two Mile Creek, in Tonawanda

Nice, I fish that stretch of the river quite often, then ill follow the bike path down to the canal. People have been nailing smallies up and down the river and in the canal. Silly me, I've been targeting largemouth in the warmer creek...

• Like 1

Been catching tons of bass on swimbaits,cranks, a few spinner bait fish and weightless,soft plastics. Tried some top water but had 1 strike. Lots of 1-3 pounders can't seem to find the,big femaalrs

• Like 1

Jerkbait bite was on at round lake this evening

• Like 1

bclark7b came down to fish with me on Silver today....we did ok.... :whistle:

• Like 1

I've been out once all year that's it this thread is depressing lol

I've been out once all year that's it this thread is depressing lol

You fool... You know you're welcome to come down here, just leave that bad luck home.

I'm pretty limited where I fish at due to beating the bank, there starting to spawn in Canandaigua lake, up in the lagoon mostly still staging, serious case of lock jaw from them on Sunday.

bclark7b came down to fish with me on Silver today....we did ok.....  :whistle:

Yeah we did pretty well learned alot from ww2farmer... only complaint about the trip is I feel I big TW order coming lol

• Like 1

Anyone hit lamoka or waneta yet? Thinkin about headed up that way next week

You fool... You know you're welcome to come down here, just leave that bad luck home.

I've been working non stop and then not having wheels has really put a hurting on my fishing the wife won't let me take the new buick to my fishing holes.

Went to my spot after work today, and it looked like a giant mud puddle. Probably an inch of visibility. I almost just decided to go home but I was already there so I gave it a shot. Caught a 3.11, 4.2, 4.4, 4.13, and a 5.6 (my best of the year) also caught a ton of smaller fish.

• Like 3

Went to my spot after work today, and it looked like a giant mud puddle. Probably an inch of visibility. I almost just decided to go home but I was already there so I gave it a shot. Caught a 3.11, 4.2, 4.4, 4.13, and a 5.6 (my best of the year) also caught a ton of smaller fish.

Nice job, bet you were glad you stuck it out!

Here are the two biggest. I was pretty glad I stuck around

Walking the bank today at the Niagara River, hooked a new personal best smallmouth, possibly a new personal best all together. I took one cast at a new spot I stopped at and it was game on. Bounced a MegaStrike Mega tube on their Shake2 jig head a few times and I felt a ton of weight on my line.  Very subtle hits because of the cold water. Got her in, struggled to lip her for a pic and measurement, then revived her and off she went.  Ended up being 20" long, couldn't get a girth on because I wanted to get her back in but she had a belly.  Such a fun fight, awesome fish!

post-44084-0-41015600-1400789387_thumb.j

• Like 2

Walking the bank today at the Niagara River, hooked a new personal best smallmouth, possibly a new personal best all together. I took one cast at a new spot I stopped at and it was game on. Bounced a MegaStrike Mega tube on their Shake2 jig head a few times and I felt a ton of weight on my line.  Very subtle hits because of the cold water. Got her in, struggled to lip her for a pic and measurement, then revived her and off she went.  Ended up being 20" long, couldn't get a girth on because I wanted to get her back in but she had a belly.  Such a fun fight, awesome fish!

Congrats!  Awesome Smallie

Congrats!  Awesome Smallie

Thanks! Hopefully next time I get a nice one, I'll have someone there to help take a better picture. Haha

• Like 1