bclark7b

Any Luck In Upstate Ny?

Managed this hangry girl today. 5475696C-AB05-4347-A187-2960105F32E1_zps

• Like 6

Whoa...it's been a while since my last report...let's see if I can remember it all.

We last left off with my win in the MLF event on Silver on May 19th.

Since then..lets see. 

I was out of town for a wedding Memorial Day weekend, but I book ended the trip with and evening trip on Silver the day before, and the day after we got home. The first trip was good, caught a half dozen 4lb largemouth. The second trip was slow for largemouth, but OK for smallmouth. 

I was jammed up busy at work and/or with tons of make up softball games the following 2 weeks, only making it out a couple of times....the details escape me.

Saturday June 1st I fished another guys team MLF tournament on Conesus...We won that with 61+ lbs for our total. This was a bit larger tournament than mine, and it was a nail biter. We were down 2lbs on scoretracker with 10 mins to go, and I caught two 3lb smallmouth the last 10 minutes to go up 61-58 on that team. We caught 21 fish, that averaged about 2.9lbs each, and also got lunker with a 4-6 largemouth. I am in love with the MLF format...it helps that I am also 2-0 in the tournaments I have fished LOL.

The last 10 days or so on Silver have been a roller coaster. Smallmouth are still biting good, but I'm not doing much on the largemouth front.

The highlight of this period was last Saturday when I took my 9 yer old daughter out, I didn't fish, I just played guide. In the 3-4 hours we were out, she caught 6 nice smallmouth, and a bunch of rock bass and crappies.

One last youth softball tournament this weekend and that's done...I'm going to miss opening day on Silver for the first time in a LONG time....but oh well. If they don't advance to play on Sunday, we have decided to go enter the "kids" division at the Honeyoe Father's day tournament....but I REALLY REALLY hope they advance in the softball tournament LOL.

Now that youth softball season is over, I'll keep up better on my reports.

• Like 3