Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shane Procell

Everglades Bass Bite Is Hot

I know the bite is good everywhere in the country right now... but the glades are my home water and that is where I have been fishing this past week.The water is quickly dropping in the glades. All the big fish have come off the flats and are feeding heavy in the canals.This past week leading up to the full moon despite heavy wind and rains, was an incredible bite. I had the opportunity to fish with a couple of my clients that came alone.Man I love it when they show up alone :) It was crazy good. My big bites came on the Heddon Zara Spook Jr. and Rapala crankbaits. Out of the seven trips, all but two caught well over a hundred bass and there were quiet a few big fish willing to mix it up. Most of our bites came on the Heddon Zara Spook Jr. and the Rapala Diving Minnow. It really does not matter where you put in at, the bite is on! The fellas who are fishing Holiday Park say the bite is as good as it has ever been with 30# sacks being caught in a mere hour or two.

In addition to the Bass fishing trips I went for some Peacock bass too. The bite is ok, but coming on strong. We boated these Peacock bass on shiners at the Miami Airport Lakes/Blue Lagoon.

Here are a few of the good fish we caught this past week. 

IMG_1474_zpse13a411a.jpg

IMG_1452_zps59a803a5.jpg

IMG_1440_zps6faacd41.jpg

IMG_1414_zpsdf675381.jpg

IMG_1433_zpse2a23f31.jpg

• Like 3

Captain Shane, thanks for the report and the pics.  You are certainly on top of your game!

• Like 1

Those are some nice bass!!

Jeff

Bite is good everywhere? Maybe everywhere in Florida. Not up here in Jersey, well for me at least. Nice bag though.

But i digress. I can't complain I did go to Florida for a week a couple of weeks ago, but only did salt water fishing. Still nice to get some stanky on the hang down.

I know the bite is good everywhere in the country right now...

the fishing isnt on everywhere in the country quite yet

Captain Shane me and my buddy, we're from Jacksonville, plan on going down to Miami in the next few months we want to book a day trip with you to put us on some nice Peacock Bass.

Nice pics and fish! I haven't been out with you yet but just from your pics, posts, and YouTube channel whenever someone says they are visiting Miami and looking for a guide I always point them in your direction.

Bite is good everywhere? Maybe everywhere in Florida. Not up here in Jersey, well for me at least. Nice bag though.

But i digress. I can't complain I did go to Florida for a week a couple of weeks ago, but only did salt water fishing. Still nice to get some stanky on the hang down.

"Still nice to get some stanky on the hang down.' This made me laugh. It does not sound fishing related. haha        

"Still nice to get some stanky on the hang down.' This made me laugh. It does not sound fishing related. haha

Smells the same.

• Like 1

Nice catches Shane!! Happy customers are repeat customers ;)

Then your in trouble. LOL

Nice fish as always