Sign in to follow this  
David D.

Help With Rod Action Choice

Hey guys, I currently have a Gander Mountain GSX Elite 6'6" MH paired with a Revo STX. Now I'm looking to get another good (for me) rod and I have pretty much settled on an *** Black because my local store carries them and I need a new rod by Thursday for a family fishing trip so I don't have time to order online. I primarily fish crankbaits, spinners, jigs and t-rigged plastics and was wondering what action and speed y'all would recommend that I add to the lineup.

This new rod will most likely be paired with my current Lew's SS. Should I add another MH, or a M...or heck, is there a reason for me to add a H that I'm not seeing?

I apologize if this type of question has been beaten to death, I'm still fairly new here, and being in school right now I don't have time to search through for similar threads.

Thanks for the help!

Being you already own a MH and mention fishing cranks, I'd opt for the medium.

• Like 1

Being you already own a MH and mention fishing cranks, I'd opt for the medium.

Yep, you have a medium heavy and you want to use cranks so get the medium. Now, if you were into it a little more you could get a rod made for crankbaits but that would be a single purpose rod and I take it you are more of a casual angler so a medium power rod will be fine.

The only reason I am saying MH, is because you mentioned jigs in that line up. If that was not the case, a M will suit you just fine. 

7'3 *** mh got it and love it.. Very versatile rod good luck on your choice

Yep, you have a medium heavy and you want to use cranks so get the medium. Now, if you were into it a little more you could get a rod made for crankbaits but that would be a single purpose rod and I take it you are more of a casual angler so a medium power rod will be fine.

This ^^^