Sign in to follow this  
tcbass

Did I Order The Wrong Rod?

I don't own a lot of rods. So I use the same 2 casting rods for everything. I have two St. Croix Mojo bass rods. One is a medium heavy 6'8" topwater and the other is a heavy 7' slop-and-frog. I do a lot of topwater fishing with Strike King Ragetail toads and other topwater frogs.

Well, I didn't like the 7' frog rod because it seemed too stiff, heavy, and hard to cast when I used it.

Well, I got 2 Cabelas Tournament ZX rods to add to my set. One is a medium 6'9" topwater and the other is a heavy 7'3" frog rod.

I thought the Cabelas rod seemed lighter and thinner and might not be as stiff and heavy as the comparable St. Croix frog rod. But now that I have handled it a little bit I'm not sure.

Has anyone else used the Cabelas Tournament ZX frog rod?

I'm debating exchanging it for the lighter topwater frog. What do you think?

I don't own a lot of rods. So I use the same 2 casting rods for everything. I have two St. Croix Mojo bass rods. One is a medium heavy 6'8" topwater and the other is a heavy 7' slop-and-frog. I do a lot of topwater fishing with Strike King Ragetail toads and other topwater frogs.

Well, I didn't like the 7' frog rod because it seems too stiff, heavy, and hard to cast.

Well, I got 2 Cabelas Tournament ZX rods to add to my set. One is a medium 6'9" topwater and the other is a heavy 7'3" frog rod.

I thought the Cabelas rod seemed lighter and thinner and might not be as stiff and heavy as the comparable St. Croix frog rod. But now that I have handled it a little bit I'm not sure.

Has anyone else used the Cabelas Tournament ZX frog rod?

I'm debating exchanging it for the lighter topwater rod. What do you think?

I think you may change your mind once the pads and slop get heavier. Or you could exchange it for a 7ft Mh (insert fav brand here) rod and have a rod cable of doing most things well...i would exchange the 6'8 before the frog rod...thats just me though

I think you may change your mind once the pads and slop get heavier

I basically fish the same 3 lakes and the medium heavy has worked fine so far. But I have thought about what your saying. Why would the pads and slop change?