Sign in to follow this  
John105

Looking At Getting An M.s. Slammer. Color?

I've decided that my next swimbait purchase is going to be a 9" Slammer, but the color decision is really giving me trouble. I'm mostly going to be fishing strip pits in KY that range from really clear to slightly murky. Some have shad, but all seem to have a bunch of bluegill available (though my hardgill floater isn't doing very well so far so who knows). I was planning on just getting the baby bass version, but then I read suggestions about getting trout colors because they work anywhere. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Baby bass is big momma bass food no matter where bass live.

I honestly don't think color matters much with the slammers, it's all about the action with them. Personally, I have the most confidence in the hitch and black beauty but I have a 9" golden shiner on the way that should be here Tuesday so we'll see how that goes! I know guys that have baby bass, bluegill, and trout and all of the them catch fish. I'd really like to have a white one but they're always sold out :(

Baby bass is big momma bass food no matter where bass live.

I agree, can't go wrong with that color anywhere.

Dark Trout is a general favorite but I agree that color is the least important aspect of the Slammer.

Dark Trout and Purple Nitro have always been my favorite slammer colors, I also have some light trout and baby bass though too. It really doesn't matter, just get a color you will be confident throwing. 

Dark Rainbow, White, and Gold Shiner are my three favorite.  Then again, those are the only three I fish ever...