Master Bait'r

Latest Catch Pics Thread

19 hours ago, Angealy said:

We went fishing for rainbows today on a rainy and overcast day.

My sister manage to hook into one of these whatever they are and it was burping when i was trying to get the hook out.

We have never caught one of these before or knew these fish were in a river/stream/etc.

Was pretty interesting to say the least.

r80HysZ.jpg

A sucker maybe?

19 hours ago, Angealy said:

We went fishing for rainbows today on a rainy and overcast day.

My sister manage to hook into one of these whatever they are and it was burping when i was trying to get the hook out.

We have never caught one of these before or knew these fish were in a river/stream/etc.

Was pretty interesting to say the least.

r80HysZ.jpg

Looks like a creek chub. Trout streams in northern Iowa, where I grew up were loaded with them. They make great catfish bait.

20 hours ago, Jar11591 said:

@Angealy looks to be a fall fish.

X2. Definitely not a sucker, looks to be a fallfish.

• Like 2

On a day where the bite was tough, this was the ONLY fish landed.  It came on a cast where my brother rainbowed his line over a branch and this little guy jumped out of the water to grab his senko as we were trying to undo the mess.  Unconventional, but kept the skunk away nonetheless!

IMG_2282.JPG

• Like 17
  • Haha 4

@PAbasser927 I didn't know bass could fly, Today i learned something.

I've been rainbow trout fishing for the past day and not so lucky catching them so i went back to bass for a bit.

I got to try out some new lures and had a blast caught a huge bass on a lip less crank bait on something i have never caught anything on.

But he got off my lure maybe the hooks were to small/powerful fish/etc.

But we did catch a few nice fish on a lipless and square crank bait with my sister.

I caught something before heading home, I believe it was a pickerel and i lost my red lipless and all i could think of in that moment was taps, I think i need to invest in steel leaders.

3amgXga.jpg

1pnFJuE.jpg

• Like 13

8 hours ago, PAbasser927 said:

On a day where the bite was tough, this was the ONLY fish landed.  It came on a cast where my brother rainbowed his line over a branch and this little guy jumped out of the water to grab his senko as we were trying to undo the mess.  Unconventional, but kept the skunk away nonetheless!

IMG_2282.JPG

Your brother sounds like he had some of my luck. We should go fishing some time...lol. 😎

• Like 2

On 10/11/2017 at 9:23 PM, MichaelCopeland said:

Tied my black and blue chatter bait back on today and used a 4" watermelon red flake Yum Dinger as a trailer. Went to the smaller pond over by the trees in the back. Made a few casts and nothing happened. Went to make another cast and as my luck would have it draped it 20' up over a branch in that tree. My bait still landed in the water near where I was trying for. So I slowly reeled it back in hopes of being able to get it back without snagging it on the branch. As I continued to slowly reel it in it barely broke the surface of the water on it's way up the tree when this almost 1lber jumped on it and hooked himself through the roof of his mouth. Of course not knowing he was hooked that way til I got him in, I set the hook in a downward motion since my line was still draped over the branch. Anyways I reeled him up the tree and kinda popped him over the branch and he did a high dive into the water. I quickly reeled him on in, unhooked him and took a couple pics. Fortunately he didn't get hurt during all that, I released him and he darted back out to the deeper water of the pond. I can honestly say I've never treed a fish before today's episode...lol. 😎

15077684505051.jpg

15077684365710.jpg

Had that happen before a few times. Once I got hung up in a tree . When I jerked it loose it went over me and went the same distance on the other side of the boat. When I started reeling in a bass had got on there,and I caught him.

Way to stay with him Mike.

• Like 1

This guys is all head.  I've been fishing a pocket of a drying river mouth.  Caught this guy in water way too shallow for a fish this size and transferred him 50 feet downstream into a much deeper larger body of water.  Hopefully he fattens up and I run into him again in about 6 months.

I5Oo1aY.jpg

• Like 16

5 hours ago, N Florida Mike said:

Had that happen before a few times. Once I got hung up in a tree . When I jerked it loose it went over me and went the same distance on the other side of the boat. When I started reeling in a bass had got on there,and I caught him.

Way to stay with him Mike.

Sometimes we do what we gotta do to land that bass...lol. Thanks @N Florida Mike

26 minutes ago, fatmaple said:

This guys is all head.  I've been fishing a pocket of a drying river mouth.  Caught this guy in water way too shallow for a fish this size and transferred him 50 feet downstream into a much deeper larger body of water.  Hopefully he fattens up and I run into him again in about 6 months.

I5Oo1aY.jpg

Good job @fatmaple! Still a nice bass regardless! I'd definitely be happy catching them looking like that instead of the dinkfest I've been catching lately. Hope you run into that one again when she's fattened up some more.

• Like 1

took the jon boat out this morning. cloudy and cooler with light NE breezes, very comfortable. caught 8 spots and 2 largemouth. a bald eagle snatched a fish outta the water just about 20 yds behind the boat. never saw him coming, but when i heard the splash, i was able to turn and watch it lift outta the water and fly off. a freakin bald eagle! and a stunning sight here in the western piedmont of NC. no pics of the bird, only this fish.

IMG_311.jpg

• Like 14

went out at the ass crack of dawn to play around with top water. conditions had a temp in the high 60s, no wind, dense fog and an absolutely glass water surface.  top water would be a bust. however, the keitech mono jig 1/16 in dark green pumpkin with a 5.8" jackall cola flick shake was absolutely on fire. 

black w/blue flake 5" wacky senko

ujpUkVwZbX.jpg

PG8aYoq5ih.jpg

spook jr

jeva3flDyr.jpg

keitech mono spin jig w/jackall flick shake

OIbf44SvXf.jpg

NP4AcMGDG2.jpg

eLZnyFcu3e.jpg

• Like 15

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:38 PM, Jar11591 said:

@Angealy looks to be a fall fish.

Definitely a fall fish. We catch them on the Susquehanna every once in a while. The grunting is a dead giveaway. 

• Like 2

A few from the last week:

Oct 2016.JPG

WP OCt 17.JPG

• Like 20

Got out early today. Almost no wind but cloudy. Managed to catch one nice 2# bass 

IMG_065911.thumb.jpg.385df3fc95f28cf52c165091fef22e75.jpg

and a big pickerel that I really didn't want to catch.

IMG_066122.thumb.jpg.a97b74c34989ba040d34371a8df1809e.jpg

• Like 17

Took the slender pointer out today for a trial run...I stopped counting once I hit 20 smallies on a dropoff from a saddle. They were really on the feed today. Nothing huge but did lose one that was probably around 4 lbs...hopefully run into more of those next week. Still waiting for the weather to cool as our air temp was in the 70's with the water in the high 60's.

IMG_20171014_134202.jpg

• Like 15

They were little but the numbers were ridiculous. 

i2cXBdK.jpg?1

VCI35Xy.jpg?1

• Like 15

large.IMG_1835.JPG.e2231ea345e70d70b35f9

Best smallie from yesterdays trip which included one walleye & several steelhead. 

• Like 23

On 10/10/2017 at 11:58 PM, Bassin' Brad said:

Sayy whaaaa?? What was the meeting about? How to make jigs 101? My boss loves bass fishing, but if he seen me making a jig during a meeting he would smack me out of my chair backwards!  

I'm the assistant shop manager, which basically means I write down all the answers to the questions I think the big wigs will ask so my boss can answer them on a conference call while I sit there in silence. Perfect time to slap a few jigs together 

• Like 2

I feel quite lazy lately, doesn't even wanna take my boat or kayak out. Am I fishing too much? BTW went out today to test my new rig with Elaztech 10" worm and caught only one.

22449631_122875325095955_147228100089949

• Like 15

58 minutes ago, Angealy said:

@JustJames What kind of rig is that?, It looks interesting to say the least.

It is kind of jika rig, but mine is diy from stuffs I already have, and because I want to use flipping hook with my worm. The worm in question here is Elaztech plastic, the worm float and hard to make it weedless with reg hook.

• Like 1

Been having a rough go of it prior to this week. Largest bass I've landed in a month at 3.2 right before the bottom dropped out. 

And then a montage of the others landed this week. 

I did unfortunately snag a turtle, however it was only just his fin webbing and I think he was more scared than anything. I'm really not sure if he took a nibble at the crankbait or I missed a hookset and snagged him. 

ha4rCcl.jpg

HdbBWGj.jpg

• Like 15

Caught this 3lb 10oz largemouth while kayaking on the Gasconade River in Missouri yesterday.  Biggest river largemouth that I've caught.

23868407448_a51f8e0dcb_b.jpg

• Like 16

large.20171015_171112.jpg.fcfc5c0caf2a19282fe61c2f5ce30871.jpgFished this afternoon and had the best numbers since spring.. Caught 17 ALL on the little lucky strike tequila worm. Fished a spinnerbait and whopper plopper too for an hour or so with no results. They love this little worm. The funny thing is they are in wal marts bargain bin. I think they are 1.99 for a pack.

• Like 17

59e41aceb3726_FullSizeR(20).thumb.jpg.96a728b4465e799293ab25386d40adc0.jpg

For the second day in a row I arrived at a full boat ramp to find a tournament taking place which meant TUFF fishing, plenty of boat wakes, and a good bit of pressure. We found a couple pretty brown ones though!

• Like 20