Sign in to follow this  
piscicidal

Hawg Tech New Knob Option

Robert and I have recently added a third knob option for our Hawg Handle lineup...

We teamed up with Winn to produce a new knob option which I think you guys will like.  The knob has an eva foam base with the Winn grip material wrapped over it.  I love the look of this knob...it's like adding big mudder tires to your truck.  The concept is pretty much the same also...bigger radius= more grip & more torque.    The Winn material really grips well wet or dry.   Our pro staff have been using them pretty much every day for several months and we've received nothing but positive reports. 

We have not yet made this knob option available for sale on our website, but we would like to offer it now to the members at Bass Resource.  We have three different color options (red/blue/black) on the grip material.  Combine that with the nine different colors (silver/black/red/blue/gold/light gold/green/orange/violet) of anodized accent pieces and you can customize your stuff to get exactly what you want.

Here are three of my reels, to give you some idea of the possibilities...

Shimano Metanium.  102mm swept handle.  Light gold accents.  Black Winn grip.  Use: toads/small swimbaits.  This setup is awesome for burning toads, frogs and small swimbaits (i.e. skinny dipper/Big EZ) over shallow grass.  The extra length of the 102mm handle helps reduce some of the torque of the 8.5:1 gear ratio and allows you to burn baits all day long.

CIMG3000%20-%20Copy_0.JPG

Shimano Curado 50.  90mm straight handle.  Gold accents with matching gold star drag/cast control.  Black Winn grip.  Use: Topwaters/jerkbaits.  Russ Lane also uses this knob option for topwaters and jerkbaits...he says the shape helps snap the rod tip a little easier and quicker on these type baits.  

CIMG3001%20-%20Copy_0.JPG

Shimano Chronarch 50.  90mm straight handle.  Red accents with matching red star drag/cast control.  Red Winn grip.  Use: worm/senko. Equipped with Hawg Tech ABEC7 spool bearings, This little setup is great for casting small light baits a long way.  

CIMG3002%20-%20Copy_0.JPG

If interested, send Robert or myself (Mike) a note at support@hawgtech.com and we will get you set up with what you want.

• Like 8

Sweeeeet ~ !

A-Jay

• Like 1

Sweet. I've been waiting for these. Any chance of orange grips at some point in the future? 

• Like 1

Sweet. I've been waiting for these. Any chance of orange grips at some point in the future? 

Cgrinder,

Orange is a possibility on the grip in the future.  For now, we have black, blue and red.  I can do black WInn grip with orange accents right now...

Looks great but nothing is prettier than the classic cork look

• Like 1

They look great Mike!

• Like 1

These look great.  "Winn" as in golf grips?

• Like 1

Love that Chronarch!

• Like 1

Yes.

Great new option.

• Like 1

John,

Yes, Winn is the golf grip manufacturer.   Winn has actually been in the fishing industry for a little while.  Castaway Rods (also a Russ lane sponsor) has a line of rods which feature the Winn grip as do a couple other rod makers.

Cgrinder,

Orange is a possibility on the grip in the future.  For now, we have black, blue and red.  I can do black WInn grip with orange accents right now...

That would look sweet on my Core/DX combo....

Loving the new grips, very cool.

• Like 1

That would look sweet on my Core/DX combo....

Loving the new grips, very cool.

Our orange color is a very good match to the orange accents on the Dobyns DX rods.  

1604650_619984664704106_184751079_n.jpg?

• Like 1

John,

Yes, Winn is the golf grip manufacturer.   Winn has actually been in the fishing industry for a little while.  Castaway Rods (also a Russ lane sponsor) has a line of rods which feature the Winn grip as do a couple other rod makers.

Ahhhh... nice way to leverage connections!

• Like 1

I have much more time with the cork but this new option is quickly becoming a favorite. The 102mm swept handle improves the performance of the 300 Lexa perfectly.

post-6038-0-32139600-1415116943_thumb.jp

post-6038-0-19665600-1415116954_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Mike do you have anyone that does the ceramic install for you? I have some Lews that I hate the stock handles. Do you have replacements for them? Thanks

• Like 1

george,

I can install the bearing for you.  I have people send me their reels all the time...they buy the bearings from me and I install them.  i have all the tools...

We can definitely change out those Lews handles if you wish.

Thanks Mike, your the best!

• Like 1

any chance there will be purple so it will match up with a powell endurance? :eyebrows:

• Like 1

Ooh, I could go for purple too. I would totally rock an orange and purple Sol abomination.  :eyebrows:

And some folks say color doesn't matter!

• Like 2