Master Bait'r

Latest Tackle Purchase Thread (Bait Monkey Victim Support Group)

5,023 posts in this topic

I really wanted to get a whopper Plopper or two along with some Frogs but I some how I successfully kept the monkey away. It's alot more fun to give in though. Our baby girl is growing fast and needs new clothes all the time 

4 hours ago, MassYak85 said:

@Bluebasser86 Are those snack size gills pretty new? I haven't seen those before, but I do have the larger version from back when they released those. I like the jig hook design of that small one though.  

Brand new, first time I've seen then in stores.

On 11/19/2014 at 1:30 PM, Master Bait'r said:

Whatever you do...  DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO.  It contains ninja bait monkey propaganda that you will not be able to unsee.  

Its like a craw/jerkbait/crankbait.Sign me up for 3 flavors

1 person likes this

Like a few others in here, can't beat the swing shad for $2.50 at Cabela's. Next time I'm getting bigger split rings for the jika rig. Also picked up a few 1/4 pencil weights. 

20170318_162817.jpg

2 people like this

2 hours ago, MTBassin said:

I really wanted to get a whopper Plopper or two along with some Frogs but I some how I successfully kept the monkey away. It's alot more fun to give in though. Our baby girl is growing fast and needs new clothes all the time 

Alllll the time... but it gets worse, pretty soon she will refuse to wear anything that you want her to. Enjoy this time of not being argued with about everything you say. Oh yeah, and :D

Well dicks was having a sale needless to say I think I'm good on worms and  creatures for a while

IMG_1678.JPG

3 people like this

@Bluebasser86
 Look at what I just picked up! Mojo Bass Wacky Style!tmp_29604-20170319_160234385629142.thumb.jpg.da75d19f5aa701de98d2de85853a4d78.jpg

5 people like this

Dang sales :wacko:

Attach26282_20170319_163055_zpstdrqbfn8.

8 people like this

Just a few things on clearance caught my eye

IMG_0021.JPG

6 people like this

TW: Cumberland Pro Underspins in Blue Shad, Keitech Swing Impact 3.5" (Pro Staff), Yamamoto 3" Watermelon/Blk&Gold Senko, 6'8" Shimano Convergence Worm/Jig rod.

The Convergence replaces my Lew's American Hero rod that I clipped the tip off in my car window and have been using with a replacement tip. Bought that Lew's in a combo early last year to see if I was still into fishing after a 20-year absence. 7 rod and reel combos later, I am finally upgrading that rod.... and fishing every chance I get!

1 person likes this

This winter I got a new bag - Plano Guide Series, the big one and it carries quite a bit.   I like it a lot, but it made me realize something about myself.   Early this month my wife and I went to Mexico for a week, I did carry-on for the trip and my bag weighed 23 pounds.   I am not sure, but I think my Plano might weigh close to that, and it probably couldn't fit in those carry-on bag checker deals at the airport.

So what I learned was that I carry more crap with me on a day of fishing than I do for a week of vacation out of the country.    

3 people like this

8 hours ago, jimf said:

This winter I got a new bag - Plano Guide Series, the big one and it carries quite a bit.   I like it a lot, but it made me realize something about myself.   Early this month my wife and I went to Mexico for a week, I did carry-on for the trip and my bag weighed 23 pounds.   I am not sure, but I think my Plano might weigh close to that, and it probably couldn't fit in those carry-on bag checker deals at the airport.

So what I learned was that I carry more crap with me on a day of fishing than I do for a week of vacation out of the country.    

Ain't that the way it should be :lol:

1 person likes this

Just couldn't pass up a great price on local classifieds.

Triple Threats.jpg

5 people like this

monkey`s just antagonizing some more

2017-03-21 (2).png

2 people like this

Well, that self-imposed timeout from new tackle didn't last as long as I anticipated. I lost one of my new 110's last week and figured I better replace that with three more. Friggin Bait Monkey...

7500358d-3b0e-4e25-b506-5d3c38c6f8ba_zps

7 people like this

Bought some roboworms and enough dropshot hooks and weights to fill both sides of this little Plano box. 

20170321_221108.jpg

7 people like this

3 hours ago, sgibby88 said:

2017-03-21 (2).png

they should have a 10 or 15% off in the next month or so if you wanted to wait

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, sgibby88 said:

2017-03-21 (2).png

You better get a free TW sticker ha! That reel looks money

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, j bab said:

Dam that would've been real nice to know before I submitted the order lol. Oh well now that it's ordered there no turning back lol. 

1 hour ago, Dorado said:

You better get a free TW sticker ha! That reel looks money

Yea it does. I've wanted one for a while and now I can say it's finally coming. Would've liked it in the 7 ratio but it wasn't in stock for the lhr so I'll settle for an 8 ratio. It'll teach me to slow down something I struggle with

You should've done 2 orders and used that fish hound $5 code each plus get 2 stickers and 2  shirts

2 people like this

10 hours ago, j bab said:

They told me this Friday for the bassmaster. another site just had a 20.

9 hours ago, sgibby88 said:

Dam that would've been real nice to know before I submitted the order lol. Oh well now that it's ordered there no turning back lol. 

Yea it does. I've wanted one for a while and now I can say it's finally coming. Would've liked it in the 7 ratio but it wasn't in stock for the lhr so I'll settle for an 8 ratio. It'll teach me to slow down something I struggle with

Why not buy the JDM from Japan Lure and save $125, they have the ratio you want in stock?

11 hours ago, bh91 said:

You should've done 2 orders and used that fish hound $5 code each plus get 2 stickers and 2  shirts

Don't really need two stickers and they owe me a shirt because some how somebody forget to put it in the box last order.  So after an email they put a notice on my account so I'm getting two this time. 

1 hour ago, h20-50 said:

Why not buy the JDM from Japan Lure and save $125, they have the ratio you want in stock?

I thought about it for a while last night but for some strange reason whenever I order out of the country no matter what it is it takes weeks to get. All while everybody else gets their stuff right away. Makes no sense to me but it happens every time 

Couldn't resist the Academy sale... still waiting on a few things but this is most of it. I wish I could say I was done buying but this addiction is strong....

IMG_0024.JPG

6 people like this

2 len thompson dimpled flutter spoons

• one sunset
  • one candy cane

2 cotton cordell big o

• one natural craw
  • one pearl 
1 person likes this