Master Bait'r

Latest Tackle Purchase Thread (Bait Monkey Victim Support Group)

My new Tatula SV with RCS carbon handle and SLP knobs. I think the lime green looks pretty slick with the purple highlights on the reel. Now for tuning and new bearings, think I might try ZPIs this time

R3.jpg

R4.jpg

• Like 5

Received my HPH glide gizzards last wk. 3 of the 8" and 2 of the 6".

15155470233180.jpg

Pic looks like **** cuz it has to be shrunk. I don't understand is everyone having to shrink their pics cuz it doesn't look like it?

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, TxHawgs said:

15155470233180.jpg

Pic looks like **** cuz it has to be shrunk. I don't understand is everyone having to shrink their pics cuz it doesn't look like it?

:jaw-drop:   Those are killer!

I was doing good until that Daiwa Type LT frog rod dropped to $89.99. Sigh. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, TxHawgs said:

15155470233180.jpg

How long did you end up waiting? I got lucky the time I ordered and it was only a few months, but it sounds like some of the recent wait times have been far longer

10 hours ago, evilcatfish said:

How long did you end up waiting? I got lucky the time I ordered and it was only a few months, but it sounds like some of the recent wait times have been far longer

Actually lol 3 yrs. I emailed him a cpl times and never heard anything. 2 yrs later he contacts me and says hey I found your emails sorry bout that. But since it's been 2 yrs I will let you order 5 baits which I don't allow and will get them out in 2 or 3 months. I got them a yr later lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TxHawgs said:

15155470233180.jpg

Yes everyone has to resize pics now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dtrombly said:

I was doing good until that Daiwa Type LT frog rod dropped to $89.99. Sigh. 

Where did you find them at this price?

11 minutes ago, MTBassin said:

Where did you find them at this price?

On tacklewarehouse. It was apart of the 25 Days of Christmas sale. 

2 hours ago, Dtrombly said:

On tacklewarehouse. It was apart of the 25 Days of Christmas sale. 

Dang I missed it then. Figured that was where they were on sale and when i checked, they were $119. Thanks anyways!

Well that Pflueger President combo I ordered Monday from Cabela's was on my doorstep today with the standard shipping. The rod is a nice surprise, it has the feel that it will be nice for pitching plastics. 

image.jpeg

• Like 8

On 12/22/2017 at 8:34 PM, DINK WHISPERER said:

I knew someone would bring that up, lol! I couldn't resist the hype. Plus I think it will look slick on that green Powell blank. If I don't like it, look for it in the flea market section 😂

I was wondering what you think about the k ? I guess you'll be selling all those other reels now that you see what Shimano has to offer.

460E36B0-90BD-4625-8943-E7B4661CFD3C.thumb.jpeg.e7f87e7d9bf0b94e898333bdb9c668ee.jpeg65035BC9-147B-42A3-9095-04C1482593F9.thumb.jpeg.b862f0aed3bd777ac4b57f938c16f621.jpegFA959561-735D-479B-8119-4C62CAAA9F3F.thumb.jpeg.782d9153a153cec947bd6c8986a3c453.jpeg

Picked up a Cabela’s Tournament ZX Crankshaft 7’ 10” Heavy Fast as a rod to throw my new Norman DD22 HD’s. I might go exchange it for the 7’5” model so I can also throw medium divers.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Burro said:

I was wondering what you think about the k ? I guess you'll be selling all those other reels now that you see what Shimano has to offer.

Not even bruh, haha. I like everything about it except it's almost 8oz! But, it is a 200 size reel. It has its place though. It will be my swimbait reel. Maybe even C-rigs too. I don't see myself giving up my concepts anytime soon though. 😎

• Confused 1

On 1/10/2018 at 6:35 PM, cgolf said:

Well that Pflueger President combo I ordered Monday from Cabela's was on my doorstep today with the standard shipping. The rod is a nice surprise, it has the feel that it will be nice for pitching plastics. 

image.jpeg

Plueger makes some sharp spinning reels. I have a President XT I'm really enjoying. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dirtyeggroll said:

460E36B0-90BD-4625-8943-E7B4661CFD3C.thumb.jpeg.e7f87e7d9bf0b94e898333bdb9c668ee.jpeg65035BC9-147B-42A3-9095-04C1482593F9.thumb.jpeg.b862f0aed3bd777ac4b57f938c16f621.jpegFA959561-735D-479B-8119-4C62CAAA9F3F.thumb.jpeg.782d9153a153cec947bd6c8986a3c453.jpeg

Picked up a Cabela’s Tournament ZX Crankshaft 7’ 10” Heavy Fast as a rod to throw my new Norman DD22 HD’s. I might go exchange it for the 7’5” model so I can also throw medium divers.

I have the 7'5. It's a very versatile rod. I use it for carolina rigs now. But have used it for 1/2 ounce traps all the way to 8xds

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 5:35 PM, cgolf said:

image.jpeg

Got 2 of them myself 😁.  6’6” M and 7’ ML.  Is it spring yet????

• Like 2

I wasn't planning to purchase anything until Feb-March, but I got this for Christmas

20180106_142222_1.thumb.jpg.6baf2d72f8e50d18877d932843f3dd22.jpg

along with a 2nd KK Stealth (I will show off the combo once I get it set up)

and then the $50 TW gift code (which only cost me $29 more on the order of mostly hooks and jigs)

I took 6 reels up to the shop for winter cleaning/service so another $5 for a bag of "whack-em sticks" in smoke/black

now this morning I see the Siebert jig of the month, so there's another 7 jigs coming.

The monkey is strong this week... Now about the WP 110, sigh. Where is that DSG email? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mllrtm79 said:

I wasn't planning to purchase anything until Feb-March, but I got this for Christmas

20180106_142222_1.thumb.jpg.6baf2d72f8e50d18877d932843f3dd22.jpg

along with a 2nd KK Stealth (I will show off the combo once I get it set up)

and then the $50 TW gift code (which only cost me $29 more on the order of mostly hooks and jigs)

I took 6 reels up to the shop for winter cleaning/service so another $5 for a bag of "whack-em sticks" in smoke/black

now this morning I see the Siebert jig of the month, so there's another 7 jigs coming.

The monkey is strong this week... Now about the WP 110, sigh. Where is that DSG email? 

That stealth looks and feels awesome on that rod! My son has 2 of those combos. Feather light together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DINK WHISPERER said:

That stealth looks and feels awesome on that rod! My son has 2 of those combos. Feather light together. 

that's what I was hoping! Of course the reel is up at the shop for winter maintenance, so I can't even put them together and play with it yet. Jonesin to get it out on the water and give it a spin

it should be just over 10oz together, I may have to actually add butt weight to be comfortable with it lol

• Like 1

@mllrtm79 balances perfectly imo. About 1" above the reel seat. I often find myself stealing one of these combos from my boy. Awesome frog, paddle tail swimbait and jig rod. You'll like it! 

• Like 1

Got some from Tacklewarehouse - 

Powell Max 3D Spinning Rod 7'1" Light 

Powell Max 3D Mag Bass Casting Rod 7'3" Mag Hvy Frog

Several Trokar Hooks 

Two casting rod sleeves 

The main thing that I like is this: 

Cal Coast Fishing Rod Mule (40 bucks) 

I tried this the other day and it's a MUST for everyone to have. It will make your life easier to transport.  

fc5504f8-7a31-4744-bb1e-374d3486eb88.jpg

• Like 3

Just ordered a new 7'4" Heavy and a Concept "Z" 7.3:1 to go on it. Cant wait for them to come in. More importantly I can't wait for the lakes to thaw. 

• Like 1

Just ordered a new 7'4" Heavy and a Concept "Z" 7.3:1 to go on it. Cant wait for them to come in. More importantly I can't wait for the lakes to thaw. 

Which rod? 

Which rod? 

New Green rod from 13.