Master Bait'r

Latest Tackle Purchase Thread (Bait Monkey Victim Support Group)

On 1/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, Carolina Rig said:

I didn't realize this was a thread until right now.  I haven't fished bass seriously in about 15 years so I have had to buy all new stuff over the last few weeks.  I'm about to start posting some photos of my purchases over the last week...

441FC168-231B-4D23-9090-EC3083931811.jpeg

Wow, no reason to start of slow jump right in brother. I like your style. 

^^^ @carolina rig. That was the first pic I saw, I’m f’n speechless about the rest. 

That must have been some project you were planning for. 

BAA41C2C-1BD2-4800-9ACA-429C1C2AD583.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Derek1 said:

^^^ @carolina rig. That was the first pic I saw, I’m f’n speechless about the rest. 

That must have been some project you were planning for. 

Custom rifle build.

• Like 2

I am jealous, nice selection. Let us know which one is the bass killer 😀

14 minutes ago, Carolina Rig said:

BAA41C2C-1BD2-4800-9ACA-429C1C2AD583.jpeg

Custom rifle build.

Anyone got reviews on the VMC Swimbait jig? I'm not crazy about the line tie, wish it was closer to the nose.

C-Rig, save some tackle for the rest of us

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carolina Rig said:

1AE140E0-FD3E-4379-B162-AD6744C96D98.jpeg

Quality and quantity. I think you're gonna love the Terminator spinner baits. I'm hooked on them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gundog said:

Quality and quantity. I think you're gonna love the Terminator spinner baits. I'm hooked on them. 

I’m just glad they’re still making them.  I used to use them 15 years ago and loved them back then, so I’m sure they’re even better now.

Ordered a new vise today. My old vise couldn't be adjusted so I think I'll be in high cotton when I use this one.

489.jpg

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Harold Scoggins said:

Ordered a new vise today. My old vise couldn't be adjusted so I think I'll be in high cotton when I use this one.

489.jpg

This is a purchase I desperately need to make but keep putting off and getting by with my entry level Cabela's vise. I don't know what I'd do if I had a nice one. 

8 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

This is a purchase I desperately need to make but keep putting off and getting by with my entry level Cabela's vise. I don't know what I'd do if I had a nice one. 

I'm not certain, but I think I got my old vise from Cabela's, it's been 20+ years. My son came by last night and picked up the old one. There was nothing wrong with it, I just  got tired of having to position my body to the vise, you couldn't adjust the height or angle of the claw. The new one comes with a bobbin arm that can be removed and I've figured out that I can use it to secure blades on chatterbaits using a string and small clip that should make tying those baits easier. You should treat yourself @Bluebasser86 and get an adjustable vise, it appears you tie enough jigs to justify dropping the coin on one.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:05 PM, Dangerfield said:

Anyone got reviews on the VMC Swimbait jig? I'm not crazy about the line tie, wish it was closer to the nose.

C-Rig, save some tackle for the rest of us

Go with the VMC Boxer Head. A much better option in IMO for the exact reason you stated about the line tie. I also like the shape of the head better as well. Still the same quality VMC though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2019 at 6:38 PM, Munkin said:

That is a lot of stuff, personally I am a minimalist when it comes to tackle.

Allen 

Yeah, I'm broke too.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Columbia Craw said:

Yeah, I'm broke too.

These guys have way too much tackle.

Allen

• Haha 3

On 1/8/2019 at 9:38 PM, Munkin said:

That is a lot of stuff, personally I am a minimalist when it comes to tackle.

Allen 

I try to be a minimalist. I see it as a challenge, like some people try to use the lightest weight line to catch big fish, I try to catch fish with the least amount of money.

• Like 1

My living room looks like a hurricane went thru it with tackle scattered everywhere, tackle boxes and plastic organizers stacked here and there from trying to rearrange tackle into some sort of order...  You know, grubs and jigs in one and worms in another, spinners in the tackle box and one box totally dedicated to cat fishing....   And its all y'all's fault... !    Starting a thread like this and expecting people not to feed the monkey..    I mean buying a boat was wonderful, but a man NEEDS more fishing stuff to throw at these fish I can't seem to catch....   Well at least I'll look good trying  😁    Now to clean the livingroom...  sure wish I had a lil woman that could move everything to the boat for me  🤣

• Like 1

@Flatrock:  Trust me. If you had a li’l woman, you wouldn’t have all that stuff!  Dang, what a cache!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GrumpyOlPhartte said:

@Flatrock:  Trust me. If you had a li’l woman, you wouldn’t have all that stuff!  Dang, what a cache!

Although I live alone, I don't even leave my socks on the floor.  So for it to be looking like this... I gotta blame someone :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GrumpyOlPhartte said:

Yeah. My wife throws **** out if it takes up too much space.

• Sad 1

507264444_IMG_5350(002).thumb.jpg.a5b5f1ae4e89ea4d8d4177318527cd62.jpg

Not a lot of hope for catching as bass on these, but I would love to see one try.

A local fishing legend passed away in 2018, his estate sale was a few weeks ago.  The amount of gear he collected over the years was truly unbelievable.   His primary target was large muskie and he was very skilled at catching them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Those bulldawgs are killer for muskies....They make a smaller one that my buddy has caught a few pig bass on...

On 1/14/2019 at 8:27 AM, Hank. said:

I try to catch fish with the least amount of money.

Me, too. I fail miserably, too. I told my wife I'd only spend $20/wk on fishing stuff. I figure I'm somewhere in the middle of the year 3767.      jj

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, BASSCHASIN said:

I couldn't pass up a Shimano Chronarch for $99. Dang Monkey!

PicsArt_01-17-01.18.58.jpg

Where do you find a chronarch for 99?!

On 1/15/2019 at 3:59 PM, WVU-SCPA said:

Not a lot of hope for catching as bass on these, but I would love to see one try.

A local fishing legend passed away in 2018, his estate sale was a few weeks ago.  The amount of gear he collected over the years was truly unbelievable.   His primary target was large muskie and he was very skilled at catching them.

You would be surprised. We have a semi-local lake that only has muskie and smallmouth in it (in terms of predator/game fish) and my buddy who muskie fishes catches 18-22" smallmouth all the time on his 8-12" muskie baits. 

1 hour ago, BASSCHASIN said:

I couldn't pass up a Shimano Chronarch for $99. Dang Monkey!

PicsArt_01-17-01.18.58.jpg

I dont think a single person on this forum would pass up a chronarch for $99!!!! I really do wish that we had Academys here in Northern VA