Master Bait'r

Latest Tackle Purchase Thread (Bait Monkey Victim Support Group)

Just ordered some new spinner baits today from @Bluebasser86 will post photos up when they get it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Pair of shiny new 9" Magnum Savage Gear Shine Glides, just waiting for their chance to whack a big one :)

Image may contain: indoorI feel like I can see those in my future  

On 2/8/2019 at 5:57 PM, stratoliner92 said:

Academy Sports today 50% off all clearance storewide. Wish I'd been when door opened. Crazy deals on some things.

tmp-cam-5261476864995773746.jpg

tmp-cam-6596742483358707326.jpg

I have have to admit I’m pretty jealous of the academy clearence threads. 

• Like 1

I picked up a pair of swim jigs the other day. 

Pacemaker Pulse swim jigs designed by Cliff Pace. One white and one in a bluegill color pattern. I believe both are 3/8oz. 

I do not buy baits in mass. I rarely have more than 5 or 6 packs of plastics at a time. I sometimes buy 50-100 of the most common hooks I use once a year or so. Picked these two up this week from outlet BT. 

I usually buy a pack or two of whatever catches my eye each outing.

37ACB43A-F526-4459-B24F-421A63B0CD5C.jpeg

• Like 3

51931608_342383646362534_844436491754432

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

51931608_342383646362534_844436491754432

I like the Nishiki.

• Like 1

Well....my TW order got shipped yesterday before I could add a few more lures to my order.  Sniper casting rod on sale and a bit over $130 in lures and it doesn't seem like I got very many lures.  :sad78:

Received a Villain 2.0 casting rod yesterday from a private seller.  Which brings up a question.  How come many private sellers take no care in packaging a rod?  I've got 3 broken (upon arrival) sitting in my basement.  Sellers got there money.  Not expensive rods, but I still probably ate $200.  Tips broken off all three.  Was very lucky this rod arrived in one piece.  Nothing wrapped around it, no cap on one end.  When I tipped the tube up to see which side I should open, the sound of the rod sliding around had me fearing it would be in two or more pieces.  Last rod I received like that had about 4 inches broke off the tip.  End of rant.

3 hours ago, new2BC4bass said:

Well....my TW order got shipped yesterday before I could add a few more lures to my order.  Sniper casting rod on sale and a bit over $130 in lures and it doesn't seem like I got very many lures.  :sad78:

Received a Villain 2.0 casting rod yesterday from a private seller.  Which brings up a question.  How come many private sellers take no care in packaging a rod?  I've got 3 broken (upon arrival) sitting in my basement.  Sellers got there money.  Not expensive rods, but I still probably ate $200.  Tips broken off all three.  Was very lucky this rod arrived in one piece.  Nothing wrapped around it, no cap on one end.  When I tipped the tube up to see which side I should open, the sound of the rod sliding around had me fearing it would be in two or more pieces.  Last rod I received like that had about 4 inches broke off the tip.  End of rant.

I ordered a 13 Fate spinning combo from Dick’s sporting goods when they had a sale a little while back and it arrived in just a long cardboard box. No rod tube, no protection inside at all, (Not even a plastic sleeve!) so of course the tip was broken off above the 2nd eye. I called customer service to see if I could mail it back and get a replacement but they could only do refunds and that it could take up to 60 days to get my money back if I shipped it to them. They said I could return it in store and get a replacement that way. I called the closest store (80 miles away) and they did have some in stock so I loaded up and took a road trip. When I got to the store there was one combo left and it had an anti-theft device wound so tight on the spinning reel that it had broken the anti-reverse gears in the reel. I spoke with a manager to see if I could swap the reel from my original combo to the combo that was in store with the broken reel. He had to call another manager down and it took them a half an hour to finally agree to let me leave the store with a functioning rod and reel combo. I love the sales that Dick’s sporting goods have but their customer service is a joke. What big name retailer ships a rod in just a plain cardboard box? 

14 minutes ago, Hillbilly Bennett said:

What big name retailer ships a rod in just a plain cardboard box? 

More than you think.

• Like 2

Speaking of rod packaging. I was gonna order a rod a while back from a site I've never used before. They were gonna charge $8 for a rod tube to ship it in. Yeah, no thanks. 

Bass pro and TW are the only places I’ve ordered rods and had nothing but good luck with them.

15 minutes ago, NorthernBasser said:

Speaking of rod packaging. I was gonna order a rod a while back from a site I've never used before. They were gonna charge $8 for a rod tube to ship it in. Yeah, no thanks. 

Eh, you are paying for the tube and shipping even if it isn't line-itemed out, I would assume most places just factor it into the selling price of the rod.  

1 hour ago, J Francho said:

More than you think.

Dats true! 

1 hour ago, Hillbilly Bennett said:

I ordered a 13 Fate spinning combo from Dick’s sporting goods when they had a sale a little while back and it arrived in just a long cardboard box. No rod tube, no protection inside at all, (Not even a plastic sleeve!) so of course the tip was broken off above the 2nd eye. I called customer service to see if I could mail it back and get a replacement but they could only do refunds and that it could take up to 60 days to get my money back if I shipped it to them. They said I could return it in store and get a replacement that way. I called the closest store (80 miles away) and they did have some in stock so I loaded up and took a road trip. When I got to the store there was one combo left and it had an anti-theft device wound so tight on the spinning reel that it had broken the anti-reverse gears in the reel. I spoke with a manager to see if I could swap the reel from my original combo to the combo that was in store with the broken reel. He had to call another manager down and it took them a half an hour to finally agree to let me leave the store with a functioning rod and reel combo. I love the sales that Dick’s sporting goods have but their customer service is a joke. What big name retailer ships a rod in just a plain cardboard box? 

Exactly same here from Dicks. I received a Castaway Skeleton and Fenwick Elite Tech with a shirt thrown in with them. I returned to store and will never order a rod again from them. Unfortunately I had same with Amazon when says "fulfilled by Amazon" others that said fulfilled by actual rod company were in tubes. 

53 minutes ago, fishwizzard said:

Eh, you are paying for the tube and shipping even if it isn't line-itemed out, I would assume most places just factor it into the selling price of the rod.  

TW has free shipping. And they don't jack the price of the rods up or anything like that. The retail prices are the same as other sites, including the one I mentioned. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stratoliner92 said:

Unfortunately I had same with Amazon when says "fulfilled by Amazon" others that said fulfilled by actual rod company were in tubes. 

I ordered both my Aird-X rods through Amazon - but was careful to pick ones that were fulfilled by someone else. Both came in tubes with the tips and handles wrapped in foam. The second one was even $5 off the retail price.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

I ordered both my Aird-X rods through Amazon - but was careful to pick ones that were fulfilled by someone else. Both came in tubes with the tips and handles wrapped in foam. The second one was even $5 off the retail price.

Same. Ordered a Dobyns Fury off Amazon.ca and it was fulfilled by Amazon.com via Dobyns.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:24 AM, Hank. said:

Was that a one-day event? I think somebody else mentioned something about it being only one day. I'm trying to decide if I want to drive back out there again. I know it's got to be picked over and there's only going to be stuff I don't want, but it keeps calling me....

I believe it’s going on for five or six more days. At least where I’m at it is.. north metro Atlanta area.

picked up 3 h20 xpress ethos HD rods, all 6’6” fast, one medium heavy and two mediums, all for $52.47. Less than the cost of one at regular price. Also got a 7’ medium lightning rod for $5. the amount of $ I’ve spent for the amount of hard baits it’s unreal. Definitely don’t sleep on this sale, and try to check more than one academy if you have them in your area. I’ve been to three so far and found different stuff at each. One didn’t have anything for rods except three literally broken in half rods, while another had a bunch of the ethos, lightning rods, castaways, etc...

also found some nice No limits paddling life vests for $2.50 which usually go for $79.99. Bought extras if anyone is interesting in making some offers. Size M/L. 

• Like 1

I have purchased a rod from Dick's and will never do that again either.  The rod wasn't damaged, but I was lucky after looking at the crushed box it came in.  I have ordered form BassPro and American Legacy, they both sent the rods in tubes with the tips and handles wrapped in bubble wrap.

I must be the only one here that has ordered a rod from DSG that was packaged well, and it was a $20 rod. That was back before this past xmas.

On 11/19/2014 at 1:38 PM, BasshunterJGH said:

That thing's awesome!

Everything is awesome. Especially with that music in the background. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been waiting for these to come out for a while. Hoping to maybe get it wet tomorrow. 

No photo description available.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Been waiting for these to come out for a while. Hoping to maybe get it wet tomorrow. 

No photo description available.

Their stuff looks really tempting, and not outrageously priced. I'd love to hear how it works out for you. What length/weight is that one? I don't see one like it online. It looks like it has no joint?

Just got my Keitech order from Academy.  $4.98/pkg

8E52A3E8-C6B8-4C8A-B09E-9D7849F0D98A.jpeg

• Like 2