Sign in to follow this  
Turner9087

Wanted Casting Reels Or Rods

i am looking to buy a nice/gently used casting reel or rod for my grandfather for Christmas. I want to get him something nice because he has given me countless reels and has taught me everything i know about fishing. im only 14 so i cant pay much. i cant spend more than $60 or $70.

The Pflueger reels that guy is selling are casting. Might be worth a look, pm him for pics, and see if he is negotiable. They're is also a guy selling a Lew's Tournament Laser MG for $60. That's a good reel, good price. PM him and see if you need to pay shipping. Also, another guy is selling a Revo S. Gen 3 for $80 something I think. You might be able to negotiate or work out a trade. I'm not selling anything at this time, so I can't help you out much, but you have options.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Jake

Does your Grandfather already have a rod and reel?  Rods and reels are very personal choices.  You might get something for your Grand Dad that is nice but isn't to his preference.  May I make a suggestion?  Get your Grandfather a gift cert from TW or a store around you for an amount you can afford..(he don't care..I guarantee it)..and either go with him or go online and pick out tackle together.  He sounds like a great guy and you sound like a terrific young man.  The most important thing is that you spend time with each other.  Just my thoughts, young feller.  Take them or leave them.

• Like 2

Does your Grandfather already have a rod and reel?  Rods and reels are very personal choices.  You might get something for your Grand Dad that is nice but isn't to his preference.  May I make a suggestion?  Get your Grandfather a gift cert from TW or a store around you for an amount you can afford..(he don't care..I guarantee it)..and either go with him or go online and pick out tackle together.  He sounds like a great guy and you sound like a terrific young man.  The most important thing is that you spend time with each other.  Just my thoughts, young feller.  Take them or leave them.

Agreed

I'm going to have to agree with the TW giftcard idea. 

Your age and that fact that its for your grandfather, PM and I'll work out something rod wise for you, I have a couple I can part with for a good cause.

• Like 7

Nice!

:respect-040:  :respect-040:

I have a Browning HP70HMT and it's very well taken care of, in great shape, still looks brand new. I only fished 1 season with it, problem is I can't get pictures to load.

i am looking to buy a nice/gently used casting reel or rod for my grandfather for Christmas. I want to get him something nice because he has given me countless reels and has taught me everything i know about fishing. im only 14 so i cant pay much. i cant spend more than $60 or $70.

Thats awesome turner and a very good idea for a gift! I sent pics of the quantum you sent me a pm on. Its in very good working condition and hasnt been used a lot, but has several surface scratches and marks from bank fishing below a dam in rip rap, so i dont know if its what you are looking for. Thats why i was going to let it go for $10 shipped, is cosmetic condition. Take a look at the pics and let me know. Ill also spool it up with fresh line so it will be ready to go to the lake. On the other hand if the reel i have is too worn, tackle warehouse is having their xmas sale and they have some shimano clarus rods for $50 and a few lews reels for cheap also. They also have a great deal on the daiwa lexa for $70

Thats awesome turner and a very good idea for a gift! I sent pics of the quantum you sent me a pm on. Its in very good working condition and hasnt been used a lot, but has several surface scratches and marks from bank fishing below a dam in rip rap, so i dont know if its what you are looking for. Thats why i was going to let it go for $10 shipped, is cosmetic condition. Take a look at the pics and let me know. Ill also spool it up with fresh line so it will be ready to go to the lake. On the other hand if the reel i have is too worn, tackle warehouse is having their xmas sale and they have some shimano clarus rods for $50 and a few lews reels for cheap also. They also have a great deal on the daiwa lexa for $70

you could get a killer shimano clarus/lew's reel combo for less than $100 shipped right now on TW

I have a gen 1 Daiwa Exceler I can sell you for $40. Its righty, 7.0:1 and a solid reel. Perfect performance wise, but 7/10 cosmetically because of regular use.