Brnnoser6983

Fish Hound Vip Membership

Okay so I have been a member of Lucky Tackle Box for a little while now, but recently also stated Mystery. I have been eyeing the VIP with fish hound wondering a couple things and it's anyone here has the membership.

1) being owned by the same company, am I going to see the same tackle in FH as LTB?

2) The website says they reward members... Has anyone seen said rewards?

I am thinking of dropping MTB for FH, but would hate to double up consistently, but if FH has better boxes at a higher value .. than good bye MTB.

Oh and any other perks of FH you can think of?

FishHound offers discounted prices on lures/tackle. Their selection isn't the biggest, but the discounts are usually pretty nice. Everything that you get, you're asked to write a review on. Once you write the review, you get credit on your account (50 cents I believe). If you make a review video and put it on YouTube, I think you get an extra 10 cents. So if you ordered 10 lures, and did a video review on all of them, you'd have $6.00 in credit on your account, that you could then use for the next time you order. They're also always sending emails out for "Spend $10 in the store, get "Lure XX" for free". I know right now they're doing that offer for a Rapala DT6. There's also other ways you can earn credit, like writing a review for a certain lake after you fish it, or they have their own forums that you can earn credit by posting in. 

• Like 1

Thank you, so that explains the credits, but the VIP box is still a little unknown.

I called and talked to Britney this monrning, and plan on dropping my MTB for FH VIP and LTB. L

• Like 2

I took the jump and signed up for the VIP. even if it is equal to LTB I would not be upset, but with the offer of maybe getting bigger and better items to test sold me. Look forward to my next box.

Is the shipping and amounts the same? Pay before month end and the box ships by 10h?

So here's the run down on our VIP Field Testing Kit... and if its ok with you guys i'm just going to bullet point the highlights...

• This is our premium offering. The box will always be worth more than $30.
    • We will not discount the 1 month membership.
    • Doing that just commoditizes it and bunches it with all the other boxes and promotes people from jumping from box to box.
  • We limit the program to 500 new members per month. So there is a chance that you may try to sign up and we will tell you that it's full for now.
  • Not all kits are the same. Last month we sent out 12 different boxes.
  • We send out more than just lures and baits. We will send electronics, rods, reels, etc. Whatever our partners send us, we will send to our longest standing members.
  • We pay you in the form of store credit for giving us a product review of the items in your box.
  • Last month, one of Field Testing Kit contained the following...
    • ABT Lures X2 Crankbait $7
    • Phenix Pro Line Jig $3
    • River2Sea StandnYabbie $5
    • Pirana Lures $14
    • Hoo-Rag $12
    • Mustad KVD UWG hooks $5
    • Zoom $4
CLICK HERE if you want more info or If you guys have any other questions please let me know. Hope this helps.

Rick

rick@fishhound.com

How often are other items such as electronics, rods and reels sent out? Do you guys try to do this regularly or is it just as you receive it? Love your products and service by the way!

• Like 1

I got my first VIP box in this month, and I love it. 3 great crank baits, a pack of spinners. 3 side items, and a pack of plastics.

• Like 2

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post this so that other people are aware of this situation and don't fall victim to it themselves. I have been a user on fishhound for 2 years or so; I would post product reviews and fishing reports whenever I could. I got an email yesterday(my first about the subject) stating that the store was closing at midnight and all points would be void after. No big deal, I thought I'd go spend the points I had but once I got on the site it showed that fishhound had taken my points away because I hadn't logged in for a while. I hadn't had any good reports to post, so what was I supposed to do get on there and lie? I tried calling and it took almost 24 hours before anyone would even answer(yes, they were open), the lady basically told me there was nothing that could be done, basically "sorry, but not sorry". I had even written down the items on the site I wanted with specifics in hopes of placing a late phone order, surely an order could be called to the factory...it happens every day in other businesses. She stated that the inactive period was in the fine print in the webpage agreement page but I haven't found it yet. To me this is just a cheap way for them to take away reward points; I worked hard giving knowledge to help other anglers in my fishing reports and had earned over $60 only to have it taken away by what I feel is a made up rule. So if you're already a fishhound member then I suggest checking your stuff often to make sure they don't screw you over also. If you're not a fishhound member then I suggest you stay far away from that headache; there are better websites out there anyways.

Mr. Spook:  Hi. I'm sorry that it took "almost 24 hours" for us to respond to you.  We are a small company and our goal is to provide a response to all customer service inquiries within 24 hours.  That's literally the best goal i can give the team.  Anything less and we would be over-promising and that wouldn't do anyone any good.

This program change has been coming for some time now and has been well communicated to our members.  In June alone we notified members via email on June 1, 8, 18, 22, 28 and finally on June 30 that the program was coming to an end. That being said if you call me tomorrow I'd be happy to see what we can do to help you out. 800.469.0224 x105.

Our reward points are no different than any frequent flier program.  They all have expiration dates and they all have expiration based upon inactivity.  We've never hidden this and again we've even emailed this out to members so it was clear.  I pulled the email analytics from that communication and it does show that you opened and clicked the "more info" link regarding this.  So again i'm not sure why this would come as a surprise.

Please call me tomorrow and I will try to help you out.

Yes, I did click more info on that email...yesterday when I finally received one of the emails. I checked back and I did not get any of the emails on June 1,8,18,22, or 28. To be clear, nobody from your company responded to me; it was only after I called numerous times today that someone picked up. Had I not kept calling im not sure that I would have ever heard back. I am truly surprised by all of this as I had previously had nothing but good things to say about your company; I even met some of your staff at the Bassmaster classic in Birmingham and everything remained first class until now. However, after some digging I did find on your site where it says that points expire, so I'll give up on trying to get those points back. I still feel as if this is an unfair stipulation; I haven't needed tackle or had any good reports to post so I suffer losing $60. I guess I could have posted a fake report, but I don't believe in doing that. I will go back on the website and just delete my account. Thanks for the reply.

I've offered to take care of you and see if we can get this right. I can't do that if you don't give me a call. If you delete the account I will have no way to help you. Again, I stand by a 24 hour response time... even if it took you multiple attempts to reach us. We would've gotten back to you. Let's let this thread go, please call me tomorrow and i will help you out.

Why let the thread go when your using unfair treatment towards your customers? People should see how your customer service really works and how much your willing on treating people fairly and what you do to make things right?

Every company is going to have problems with costumers and problem customers. Very big difference between the two. I don't think any of us are in the position to distinguish which is which in this case. 

I don't believe a public forum is the place to hash out the issues, but from reading the above posts, it seems like Rick has offered twice to right something that he doesn't necessarily have to. 

I don't see the need to jump on the bandwagon because one person is upset. 

• Like 2

Every company is going to have problems with costumers and problem customers. Very big difference between the two. I don't think any of us are in the position to distinguish which is which in this case.

I don't believe a public forum is the place to hash out the issues, but from reading the above posts, it seems like Rick has offered twice to right something that he doesn't necessarily have to.

I don't see the need to jump on the bandwagon because one person is upset.

No bandwagon but would like to see the outcome of this and how it's handled.

• Like 1

Guys we put this to bed because an external forum isn't a place to deal with customer service. This isn't our customer service site and we aren't on here everyday. Corey has been dealt with and I think if he wants to chime in he will tell you himself that we handled this in a satisfactory manner.

Exactly what I was looking for. Only reason it was brought up is due to the fact your company is a site sponsor. Knowing how a company deals with a problem when multiple people can see what's going on benefits us all as to help decide whether anyone looking feels as if you've dealt with the situation fairly. Thank you for posting the issue has been resolved!!!! Without giving out how he may have been compensated but more so if he felt he was treated fairly in the end result would be nice to see as well. Seeing how professional you carried yourself now makes me interested in your company and how it all works. Not all bad issues necessarily Don't mean bad publicity. Thanks again.

I spoke with Rick and the issue has been resolved and I'm satisfied with the resolution that we came to(Rick even took the time to handle this during his vacation time). Like I said, I've been a member of fishound for a while now and this was the only issue I've ever had with them. I have enjoyed the fishhound services much better than any of the other competitors I've tried and I will continue using fishhound. I look forward to seeing the redesigned store when it opens.

Tight lines everyone!