lilsweepr

Iso Broken Transom Mount Trolling Motor

Looking to modify a transom mount trolling motor to act as a rudder for my 2 man boat. Really just need the mount itself and the shaft. Can purchase a new mount for $35 but hoping to save a little bit off that price.

Doesn't have to be broken but figured my chance of getting one at a good price would be severely limited if not nil. 

Let me know if anyone has anything to offer.

Are you just looking for the part that clamps onto the boat?

Yes, the part that clamps onto the boat is what I am looking for. I can find an aluminum pole at the hardware store. 

I should have one somewhere in my garage I'll let you know when if I find it

I did the same thing for my Tracker bantam 2x (pond prowler).  Took a piece of electrical conduit and bolted on a couple of sheets of plexiglas to make a clear rudder since I run my trolling motor on the front.  Put the conduit into the trolling motor bracket.  It makes a huge difference in the wind.

The bracket also doubles as a shallow wanter anchor if I pull the rudder out.  Just stick a fiberglass pole or other rod down through for your own non-power pole.

• Like 1

I should have one somewhere in my garage I'll let you know when if I find it

Hey zachb34, have you had a chance to look yet? Not trying to pester you but I was out in the 2 man this weekend and was getting blown around a little bit and am about ready to just pay the money for a new transom part.

Thanks.

Hey zachb34, have you had a chance to look yet? Not trying to pester you but I was out in the 2 man this weekend and was getting blown around a little bit and am about ready to just pay the money for a new transom part.

Thanks.

Just dug through my garage and found it. There's a slight bend in one of the clamps. It still clamps down though and can probably be bent straight if you want to do that.

Idk its just laying around I'll let it go for price of shipping and a couple of bucks

Any chance to get a pic of it? If it has the head and foot on it then that could be removed to save on shipping. The shaft would be useful though.

Pm me a phone number or email and I can send pics there's no shaft on it

Pm me a phone number or email and I can send pics there's no shaft on it

Hey, did you get my reply email? Haven't heard anything so was just wondering.