Biggz53

Zman Chatterbaits

Does anyone know if the blades on the zman chatterbaits can be switched out?  I cant remember if I have the elite model or not, but just curious if its worth buying some spare blades.  

not on the original models.dont know about the "elite" model.the originals blade is on the "eye"of the hook&as you've seen its a heavy wire hook which would make it very difficult if not impossible to change.

Yes, but you must remove/cutoff the blade attached, and add a #2 split ring.  You can then add and remove blade types as needed.

A quick hop to the Z-Man site shows interchangeable skirts, but sadly no blades. 

Thanks folks, I got a local guy that makes his own chatterbaits as well, hopefully he has a product that allows that.  I know a lot of them are crushed down with pliers, just from watching videos, but im sure it takes away from the integrity and strength if you keep messing with that.

If the chatterbait in question has a blade that is attached by a split ring - then yes, it can be swapped out.   If it does not have a split ring - then no, the blade cannot be removed.....(at least not without risking damage to the bait or the existing blade)

my experience with lures: usually work better as originally designed vs any mod i've tried.

most times i've tampered with a lure i regretted it.  grandit ur mod isn't complicated you still might want to consider just using it as is and buy the lure you want in a future order. just my experience. that chatterbait will likely be on the bottom of the lake sooner than later