Sign in to follow this  
OleManHiggins

Abu Garcia Orra Sx

I ran across a new Orra SX for $50 and wanted to know if it was worth it. (Lefty)

I bought my first casting combo last year at (BPS Megacast Combo) but it only came in right hand retrieve.  I thought I would get used to it but I just cant seem to adjust comfortably to reeling right handed.  I figured if I can get a nicer reel at a lower price I would take advantage of it and just pair it with the BPS Rod for now.  

Has anyone ever used this reel and what are their thoughts on it?

Thanks, 

I've had one for about a year and a half and I like it a lot. For $50 (if new), I'd say it is a steal.  At the $100 retail price, I'd go a different route.

Never used one but for $50 I'd say its a pretty good pickup. Where is this at? You may be able to get the seller to go a little lower if he is a local guy.

I checked out one in the store and was not impressed. Get a shimano citica for that price.

I checked out one in the store and was not impressed. Get a shimano citica for that price.

No way will you be able to find a new or used citica for 50$. The orra sx honestly has no competition at 50$, other then maybe the h20 mettle.

Never used one but for $50 I'd say its a pretty good pickup. Where is this at? You may be able to get the seller to go a little lower if he is a local guy.

My buddy works at Estes Express shipping and saw it in their warehouse.  When trucks don't make it to their location the merchandise cant be sold in stores because its considered damaged, so they sell it discounted from their warehouse.  brand new, still in box.  

I just bought an orra inshore reel to use on vacation in florida, I was very impressed just as good or better than my citica es.