Sign in to follow this  
willtomlinson

Any Experience With The Okuma Concept C3-40X Casting Rod?

I'm looking to replace one of my Daiwa rods in the near future, I'm pretty happy with my Abu's, and even more so my MH BuCoo, but it feels more like a M in my opinion. I'm not big into fishing anything much over the 6'6" mark. The 6'8" H Okuma sounds pretty appealing, but theres not many reviews on it. I watched a Scott Martin Challenge where he pretty much strictly fished those and they looked solid. Just curious if you guys have had any experience or opinions

there have been 5 threads on this already. I have replied in almost every one. Go use that little button in the top right corner of the page and see the wonders it performs for you.

Sure... hell why not. I only have experience with the spinning 7' mh rod, but I love it. Honestly, sensitivity is amazing and the components are perfect for the price. I really dig the grips. They are kinda like winn grips, as they are made from some form of rubber. Although the rod handle is comfortable when dry, it gets even better when its a bit wet. Overall, I think you cant go wrong with the rod. Especially with the fact that you can find them for under 120$ on Amazon.... 

They are on sale right now at tackle warehouse for $100. I bought a 7' medium spinning one, I haven't used it yet because my boat is in the shop, but they seem like they are a quality rod especially for that price. The guides look great and the grips are awesome. I'd say go for it.

Thank you sir. Also they're down to $90 on TW, which is what held my attention on them

Its a no brainer. Go for it. I highly doubt you will be able to find a better rod at the price. Especially with that Lifetime warranty.

I think I'm sold. Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback

No problemo and give us a review once you use it for a while.

No problemo and give us a review once you use it for a while.

Shall do. I'll try and say something other than every rod review ever made in the history of rod reviews - "sensitive tip with plenty of backdbone!"

Those are very good rods that are under the radar, they aren't big sellers but getting them at the sale price is a no brainer.

I have the xh casting rod and absolutely love it