Sign in to follow this  
Hanover_Yakker

Playing Hooky During A Work Week

Nice video! That's a pretty nice sized fish! If you don't mind sharing, how do you rig that stick bait with the willow leaf blade?

Its an Owner Flashy Swimmer head - this one was the 1/4oz 5/0 size.  It also comes in 1/0 1/8oz and 3/0 3/16oz.  I use it on a variety of baits to give it something a little different.  Funny thing is I've been using them for over two years, and seeing Casey Ashley win the BASSMaster Classis using the same concept made me chuckle to myself.

• Like 2

Flashy Swimmer rocks!  I use them with my Keitechs when I am fishing the top/through weeds.

• Like 2

Its an Owner Flashy Swimmer head - this one was the 1/4oz 5/0 size.  It also comes in 1/0 1/8oz and 3/0 3/16oz.  I use it on a variety of baits to give it something a little different.  Funny thing is I've been using them for over two years, and seeing Casey Ashley win the BASSMaster Classis using the same concept made me chuckle to myself.

Ok, I'll try it out. Do you fish it on lighter spinning gear?

I use them on both regardless of which weight I'm using that day.  It's more about casting accuracy that guides my decision.  Since this pond has so many overhanging trees and limbs, I find my accuracy is greatly improved using the spinning rod.  I'm getting better with my casting accuracy but the skipping component is still foreign to me on a bait caster.

• Like 1

Great video! Nice fish!

• Like 1