Sign in to follow this  
SFL BassHunter

First Time Jigs

So I haven't had a chance to fish in over a week now and I've had time to do some online shopping. First I went on this mission to find jig heads that I could put dual weedguards on, but that was a fail. So I just took a regular jig and V shaped the weedguard and I found it to be somewhat what I wanted. Now my other mission was to save money on tackle. Which I usually don't considering the tools needed, or paint for the lures, or whatever else. Either way I said I am going to buy some jig heads and some skirts. Clear skirt bands and a cheap tool to make my own jigs.

Now I feel this is a good investment for me considering the fact that I have liked to fish with jigs since day one of bass fishing. But I also tend to lose them very regularly down here in South Florida with the rocky lakes, or hung up on trees or who knows what else. Since I go through them so much it just made sense to buy some quality jig heads from Siebert Outdoors and some skirts from my super cheap go to online store wlure as well as a nice site I found called fishingskirts. Then because I liked the *** Jigs I bought recently I went ahead and purchased 4 Jig heads from them. 

So far I received my orders from *** and FishingSkirts. So the below pics are from those two combined. I can't wait to get my orders from Siebert and WLure. 

I worked with the Camo colored Jig Heads and 3 colors for the skirts. 22 Strands of Army Green Pumpkin (red glitter), 22 Strands of Yellow Watermelon (red glitter), and 11 strands of Watermelon Blue Magic Craw.

I really like the differences in colors but at the same time the subtle changes as well. When combined there really isn't a strand that stands out like say a Chartreuse color, instead the Watermelon Blue pops slightly. My goal was somewhat of a bluegill color by combining the 3. I'm not sure if I achieved that , you all let me know what you think!

20150509 153148

20150509 153455

20150509 164116

20150509 164148

So I was thinking about my jig color designs and decided to set up the two black jig heads that are 1/2 oz. Bigger than the Camo ones I finished yesterday. The reason I didn't finish them all yesterday is because I am still waiting on some full colored skirts. But after giving it some thought I figured why not use the black jig heads for black and purple. I've got jig heads coming that are black with blue glitter so I could use my living image black and blue on those.

So here is what I ended up doing. 

First Jig Head: 44 strands of Living image Junebug (Green Glitter) with 22 strands of finesse black w/ blue glitter. = 66 Strands (But the finesse strands are half the size of the regular ones, so theoretically you could say they have the bulk of 55 strands.)

The second Jig: 22 strands of Living Image Junebug (Green Glitter) with 66 strands of finesse black w/ blue glitter. = 88 strands (Since the finesse strands are half the size we could say it has the bulk of 55 strands.)

I changed my strategy on the second one, because though I like the living image junebug, I wanted to make the jig overall darker with bits of purple in it.

Please feel free to comment, and offer any opinions or suggestions. I take constructive criticism well.

20150510 114201

20150510 120733

20150510 122013

• Like 1

Those look sweet. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Those look sweet. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Matthew, I just got my order from Siebert Outdoors, I can't wait to skirt those jigs and see how they come out. 

These jigs look to be excellent quality! The paint on them is beautiful!