Sign in to follow this  
aweiss90

Wtb Baitcaster Rod Reel Combo

Ive been using my grandfathers Curado CU-201 for the past year now since i unearthed it from a family members basement and im wanting to get a new(ish) reel and rod combo. Dont really want to spend more than $200 pm me with offers or suggestions on what to buy!

tight lines,

Andrew

Rh or Lh reel?

If his description is correct, a 201 would be a lefty. 

Thats what i thought.

I have several options in your price range. I will PM

I can use either while I prefer left its not a problem if it's right.

Ive been using my grandfathers Curado CU-201 for the past year now since i unearthed it from a family members basement and im wanting to get a new(ish) reel and rod combo. Dont really want to spend more than $200 pm me with offers or suggestions on what to buy!

tight lines,

Andrew

That's a nice reel, even by today's standards. Keep it in your rotation, for sure! I'd go so far as to say pair it with a nice rod (I have several for sale right now for good prices) and you're good to go. Also, if you're only fishing with one set up, what type of fishing are you doing? That could go a long way in making sure someone recommends what might be right for you. For example, that Curado you have would excel at a spinner bait/cranking set up and you could compliment it with a higher geared reel more for plastics, jigs, jerkbaits, ect.

Yes the curado is currently my only bait caster. The rod my curado is on now is a bud Eardhart fishing stick spiral wrapped 6'6 medium action rod. Really all I fish with is soft plastics on a Carolina or Texas rig. I fish on a local lake that's fairly large off the shore or via kayak. But I've never had any luck using anything else but soft plastics. I've got close to 6 large tackle boxes, that my grandfather left me, with every type of bass lure you can have but I never get any strikes on them. So anyway, that's what I do. By your post I'm assuming the gear ratio on the curado cu-201 is more towards crankbaits. That being said, what type of rod should I swap my curado over to? And what type of reel would be more towards the fishing I do?

The 201 Curado is a 6.2:1 ratio reel, so you can use it for pretty much anything.