Brent Christian

Post Pics Of Your Older Boats

Anyone on here like me and not have a newer boat still have an older boat, If so lets see some pics?

1988 Ranger Fisherman. I'm the original owner. 

14cxykn.jpg

• Like 11

14cxykn.jpg

That boat's older than me and still looks well kept.

14cxykn.jpg

The old girl looks much like she did 27 years ago.  Don't you wish we could say the same about ourselves?

1988 Ranger 374V with a 150 Mercury Black Max XR-4.  We call her Elle MacPherson.  TOP of the line in 1988 and still awesome today, hence the name.

post-28130-0-75617500-1448544169_thumb.jpost-28130-0-11770500-1448544240_thumb.j

• Like 5

My 1990 Ranger Fisherman with 1989 Merc 100 hp. I am the 3rd owner, still improving it all the time!

9945zt.jpg

• Like 5

Those are some great looking boats !!!

14cxykn.jpg

Great looking boat, nice job taking care of it all these years!

1988 Ranger 374V with a 150 Mercury Black Max XR-4.  We call her Elle MacPherson.  TOP of the line in 1988 and still awesome today, hence the name.

attachicon.gif20140920_120243.jpgattachicon.gif20140920_120331.jpg

Had the same boat, never rode in a 20 footer that rode that good

My 1990 Ranger Fisherman with 1989 Merc 100 hp. I am the 3rd owner, still improving it all the time!

9945zt.jpg

One of the improvements I made to my Ranger Fisherman was to add a removable rear casting deck for my friends who fish from the back of my boat.

29qfeae.jpg

• Like 2

One of the improvements I made to my Ranger Fisherman was to add a removable rear casting deck for my friends who fish from the back of my boat.

29qfeae.jpg

Nice, I thought of doing this as well. Can you give me the dimensions and material you used? Thanks.

• Like 1

Nice, I thought of doing this as well. Can you give me the dimensions and material you used? Thanks.

I took 3/4 inch plywood, cut to fit, wrapped the top side with a sheet of plastic and covered with indoor/outdoor carpeting that nearly matched. I cut a piece of PVC pipe that I used in the original hole for the seat post to support the middle of the deck.  You have to lift the whole deck to access to the battery compartments, livewell and bait wells, but I don't use the livewells.

• Like 1

all of those are new compared to my first boat, a 1977 kingfisher with a 85 HP Johnson of the same year.... it was abandoned and we restored it until this year that i sold it to get a newer (1994) Javelin...

here it is after we painted it, carpeted, upholstered, and wired it completely... we even used it for skiing a couple of times.... and the new owner still fishes out of it.... 

post-32403-0-18502000-1448584555_thumb.j

post-32403-0-78115600-1448584564_thumb.j

post-32403-0-71118300-1448584573_thumb.j

post-32403-0-90693600-1448584582_thumb.j

• Like 3

I took 3/4 inch plywood, cut to fit, wrapped the top side with a sheet of plastic and covered with indoor/outdoor carpeting that nearly matched. I cut a piece of PVC pipe that I used in the original hole for the seat post to support the middle of the deck.  You have to lift the whole deck to access to the battery compartments, livewell and bait wells, but I don't use the livewells.

May I ask how long is the actual deck? The reason I'm asking is because I want to so the same thing to my boat but there is only about 28 inches from the transom to the back of the seats and I'm not sure this is enough room.

I guess 18 years is old. This is my 1997 lowe with a 90hp Johnson.

DSCN3895.jpg

• Like 4

Thunderbolt.  Now there's a name from the distant past.  I can remember the Thunderbolt name being used in the 1950s and maybe earlier.

Here are the best pics I could dig up of my 1975 McKee Craft. Apparently I don't take many pics of my boat. Found lots of pictures of my friends and I holding fish in the boat, but only 2 of the boat itself. This boat still gets on the water weekly.

gallery_41215_1335_124823.jpg

gallery_41215_1335_76857.jpg

• Like 3

Thunderbolt.  Now there's a name from the distant past.  I can remember the Thunderbolt name being used in the 1950s and maybe earlier.

Distant past???

Had boats even been invented by the time you were born? 

Distant past???

Had boats even been invented by the time you were born? 

Yes, they were made up of bundles of reeds.

reed-boat-post-.gif

• Like 2