Sign in to follow this  
rocketball

2015 Moose Hunt

700 pounds of meat!!! Wow how long will that last you?

holy crap that is a lot of meat.  

I have only seen a moose one time in yellowstone and i couldn't believe how huge they are.

• Like 1

700 pounds of meat!!! Wow how long will that last you?

There was 4 of us on the hunt so we split it 4 ways....My share was 180 lbs and even that is a lot of meat which should last me a year or longer.

I have only seen a moose one time in yellowstone and i couldn't believe how huge they are.

Yeh they are an impressive animal flyfisher....The big bulls like the one we harvested can reach up too 1200 lbs live weight.

• Like 1

My friend's dad shot one and offered us some meat, we decided to try it but considering how tough and gamey a big whitetail buck can be, I thought a big bull moose would be like chewing on shoe leather.

Boy was I wrong, if anyone ever wants to send some moose my way I will gladly accept!

Good job!

Great Video & Congrats on the Monster Moose

Thanks for sharing your experience.

A-Jay

Some day.....

Congrats!

My friend's dad shot one and offered us some meat, we decided to try it but considering how tough and gamey a big whitetail buck can be, I thought a big bull moose would be like chewing on shoe leather.

Boy was I wrong, if anyone ever wants to send some moose my way I will gladly accept!

Good job!

Very true....Moose is very close to beef. Many people wouldn't even noticed a difference if you didn't tell them.

Great Video & Congrats on the Monster Moose

Thanks for sharing your experience.

A-Jay

Thanks A-Jay...Hope u had a great season on the water! I am sure you did well!

• Like 1

Some day.....

Congrats!

Nosdog2...I know what your saying....Waited all my life for my own Moose Tag. 17 yrs of applying but some people go much longer than that. You guys must have a lottery system like ours? 

I guess it depends on where you hunt, no Moose anywhere I live.  However, where I am trying to go (Maine) is a lottery system.  But I am looking around on some other options throughout Canada to go.  Alaska/Yukon is an option, but an expensive one.

I guess it depends on where you hunt, no Moose anywhere I live.  However, where I am trying to go (Maine) is a lottery system.  But I am looking around on some other options throughout Canada to go.  Alaska/Yukon is an option, but an expensive one.

Nosdog2....Yes maine has a similar lottery system to new Brunswick Canada where I live. I have a lot of friends in Maine and they get some very nice Moose in the northern parts of that state. Alaska or Yukon would be sick too. Newfoundland also has a great moose population and may be a cheaper option. We own a Hotel in NB and every fall we have a lot of americans stay here on there way to newfoundland to go moose hunt. I was actually deeply considering a moose hunt there in the next few yrs if I was still unable to get drawn in my home province.

Nice!  When I retire I plan on driving to Alaska, I will have to stop by for the night!  LOL

Nice bull,I drew a bull tag this year in Maine for the first time. I shot a 810 lb bull with a 43 inch spread

On 12/4/2015 at 7:02 PM, flyfisher said:

The moose you saw in Yellowstone was a Shiras or Wyoming moose; the smallest of the four subspecies of moose in North America.  I believe the moose in the photo on this thread is a Canadian moose, which is the middle sized variety.  The Alaskan moose is the biggest of the subspecies. 

ClearCreek