BWLED

Any Bullet Owners Here?

Got it dialed in yet?

That's gonna be a screamer! Just curious though, how many bolts do you have in that tm mount? It looks like the majority of it is hanging off the boat in the picture

• Like 1

There is 6 bolts in the trolling motor mount. I just came out of break in, so I haven't tried any different props yet. I'm hoping for 90-91. I ran it 87.6 with no setup work and full load. The motor won't open all the way up until around 10-12 hours also.

Sweet !

What Prop (Name & pitch) are you running ?

A-Jay

I would think it would come close to bumping a 100 with the right setup and prop. A friend had one with a 225HO that had some minor port work done and dyno'd 280hp with a Wayne Taylor shorty mid section and 14" jack plate, Rich Boger tuned prop and his would run 93 with just him, TM, all the batteries, a little gas and nothing else. Add a second person and gear, and that dropped to a touch over 80.

My concern would be that Torque Master gear case. I thought mercury only has about an 85 mph speed rating on them. You are going to need a fresh change of drawers if you are running over 90 and that sucker blows out on you.

That's why I got rid of my go fast boats, they turn into huge money pits because you can never make one go fast enough.

Going the Registration, I see you are in TN. If Paul Nichols in still around it might pay you to get in contact with him on the setup. He was Bullets test pilot for several years and did all the hull blue printing and setup their test boats. I know years back the pushed one about 117mph with a Jay Smith built engine turning about 11,000 rpm.

This one has a sportmaster lower unit. Blow out isn't an issue with it. This XRS hull won't touch 100. They have moved the weight around in them, and they don't run like the other model bullets. But the ride definitely makes up for it.

I guess they changed, I didn't realized they had put the anodize block in the sport master like that.  That's why I thought it was the torque master.

Not sure if you heard of him but Bob Lipton is an excellent prop tuner.  He does a lot of the drag racers props.  I never had much luck with off the shelf props and he did all mine.  Rich Boger was also pretty good with them.

Anyway, nice ride.  That one out to be fast enough to run down ever those biggest bass that can swim over 70mph.  That's why I always like a fast boat, so I could run down those bigger bass.

Over the winter I am planning on buying a 20 or 21 bullet, rode on one once and the speed and how they ride at speed sold me immediately. Its tough to find them in the midwest though.

There are several around for sale right now, let me know when you get ready to buy and I will be more than happy to help you look.

There are several around for sale right now, let me know when you get ready to buy and I will be more than happy to help you look.

Will do, I am trying to stay under 10k which more than likely means a carb motor but thats okay with me.

Good Lord.  90+ mph in a bass boat. 

That's nuts. 

• Like 1

NICE BOAT!

I have owned 2 Bullets,  a competition hulled 2008/9 (?) 20' with 300 XS (mid to high 90's boat) and a 2012  21' Intracoastal edition that I recently sold.  Engine blew #6 left bank cylinder right out of warranty for the 300XS and replaced with a 250 Pro XS,  all I have to say is make sure you warm that engine up (300XS) prior to jumping on plane from day one, don't simply run and gun with it as many bass fisherman due.  Plenty of documented issues for the left bank, due to tight tolerances, but I hope Mercury has ironed out the issue on newer engines.  Forget the pitch, but I ran best all around with a HydroMotive Quad with the 300XS and a Croxton 4 blade with the 250 Pro XS

As far as the boat, I liked its fuel efficiency, handling, looks, and top end speed.  My 21' raised deck was awesome to fish with two guys up front, but put a guy in the back and the front caught wind like a sailboat on crosswinds, same goes for the 20'. Loved the HUGE LIVEWELLS!  Was not impressed with the trailer on the non-saltwater version compared to the ones on my Ranger.  However, the outsourced Alumatrailer Bullet uses for the Intracoastal edition  was awesome. Both boats I had were not very well finished , tolerances for compartment lids varied greatly, hardware, console bolting, lids, deck flex, gel coat stress fractures around transom and plumbing hardware layout was shoddy.  Nevertheless, I do miss driving them, my lead sled Rangers are so boring and SLOW. Lastly,  the lines of the Bullet in my opinion are the most eye appealing around :woman:, it just looks fast sitting on the trailer  :drool10: !  

• Like 4

My Uncle in southeastern Ohio had a Bullet in the late 1990s. Great boat, but it scared me to death. 

Beautiful boat

Great looking boat. I've always been a Bass Cat guy but Bullet will probably get a harder look when I buy my next one.

Thread revive......My 17V.  Bullets are sexy looking, but mine is not the most comfortable ride around that's for sure. Not bad looking for something made in 1989.

image_url-566-1385692662.jpg

10264908_256095807910576_8213306205985629628_n.jpg

• Like 3