Sign in to follow this  
Montanaro

Rico Blems

They are on sale. Get em while they are available. With fishhound code you can get three for less than 1 non blem.

I dont have the money this year or id stock up.

Yeah, I added 3 to my backordered items from my black Friday order. Great deal, hopefully they look pretty much new.

I am a yellow magic guy but this year I think I'm going to try these. 3 years and I can never pull the trigger. "Garret's Gill" looks too good to pass up. 

I saw those on TW earlier, 3 for $25 seems like a pretty sweet deal.  Does anyone know how bad or what the blemishes are?  I know they can't be that bad, just curious.

What size hooks / split rings for those?

Small scuffs usually. The 3 i have Im not even sure to be honest

• Like 1

What size hooks / split rings for those?

Under the description it says PLEASE NOTE: Lobina Rico Blems DO NOT Come With Hooks.

I saw that as well.

Don't know if I'd go $10 American for a Blem with no harware . . .

Does anyone know if the Blem is usually just an eye missing or bogus paint job or are some of these plugs perhaps bent or warped in some way ?

A-Jay

• Like 2

I saw that as well.

Don't know if I'd go $10 American for a Blem with no harware . . .

Does anyone know if the Blem is usually just an eye missing or bogus paint job or are some of these plugs perhaps bent or warped in some way ?

A-Jay

id say 99 percent of the time its a finish goof up...

• Like 1

Under the description it says PLEASE NOTE: Lobina Rico Blems DO NOT Come With Hooks.

That's why I asked what size they were....

• Like 2

The Rico is the 2 3/8"  1/4 oz bait and usually comes with #6 Gamakatsu Trebles

The Rio Rico is the 2 7/8"  7/16 oz bait and usually comes with #4 Gamakatsu Trebles

A-Jay

• Like 1

Gotcha, I read it the other way, sorry.

• Like 1

As i said, the three I have i cant really tell. One's glitter is not really uniform. I think one had a small paint scratch on top.

Caught many fish on them and the more I talk the more I wanna order.

• Like 1

These things must really catch fish to go for 25 bones a pop for the good ones. Even 10 bones is a little stiff for me on a lure.

They are the senko of the topwater baits

I ordered 3 of these. I can't wait to see what all the hype is about. Whats so different about them other than the mouth shape?

I got 3 as well.

The minute your rico hits the water you will hear the difference. Rattles a lot different from other brand. You can also walk the dog, spit and bloop it. It really draws bass from the depths.

Caught many fish with it this year in many scenarios

I knew a guy, Sam Griffin, who used to hand make top water plugs. He would turn his blems into key chains and decorations. Most of the time he marked them as blems because they didn't float quite right. The density of the wood was off,  they'd list to one side, or sit too low in the water for the desired action. 

I picked up a couple during last year's sale and honestly didn't notice a blem on any one of them. No way TW would bother selling them if there were functional issues with them, so you should be good to go if you don't mind small blems. 

Geez, they are going way too fast.  I was planning on grabbing some for Christmas gifts, they started out with like 70 colors in two sizes, now they are down to 18 colors most of them are down to one size...I wonder if they are legit?

Geez, they are going way too fast. I was planning on grabbing some for Christmas gifts, they started out with like 70 colors in two sizes, now they are down to 18 colors most of them are down to one size...I wonder if they are legit?

They are legit…they have the same sale last year and might've been the year before as well.

• Like 1