Sign in to follow this  
Tim S.

2 Rods For Sale-Rainshadow Custom & Majorcraft Volkey-Price Drop-Pics Added

PRICE DROPPED- SEE POST BELOW! Up for sale are 2 rods that I just haven't used lately and likely won't. I have had a couple more customs built and these will likely just sit. The first rod is a custom built on the Batson Rainshadow RX-7 blank. This has served as my C-rig rod for 3 seasons now and also makes an excellent jig and frog rod. The blank is from the older stock when the blanks were made in the USA. The blank is an IMB 844(7' heavy power) which was extended out to 7'3". The rod spec's are 1/4 to 1 oz. and 12-20# line and the ratings are right on the money imo. It has an 11" split cork grip and no foregrip. The reel seat is a Fuji ACS seat with frosted silver hood and the threads were trimmed so there are none exposed with a reel seated. The grip is in great condition and has been sealed with U-40. There is a Fuji EZ Keeper hook keeper. It has black wraps on

the guides and there are thin gold trim bands in the split grip area, above the reel seat and at the first guide. The guides are Titanium-frame w/ SiC rings. The first five are double-foot with the remaining 5 being #6 fly guides(no micros here). The price is $175 TYD via postal money order or personal check (if I know you). The price includes shipping through FedEx and insurance for the full purchase price.

The next rod is a Major Craft Volkey Big Lake Custom. This is a beautiful rod, which is in excellent-condition and has a removable handle, like many other high-end JDM sticks. It fishes like a 1 pc. and is VERY sensitive. The rod is 7' long and the spec's. are 1/4 to 1 oz. and 12-20# line, though it is a beast of a rod and would handle up to 1.5 oz with ease. This rod keeps backbone all the way thru the tip. It is excellent for heavier jigs, pure and simple. It would also work well for A-rigs if you generally like a shorter rod. Guides are Fuji K-frame(either chrome or polished-stainless finish) with SiC rings and are double-foot all the way(the last few are #5 ring). The rod is in excellent condition with only minor signs of use. The price is$125 TYD via postal money order or personal check (if I know you). The price includes shipping through FedEx and insurance for the full purchase price. I will ask a friend to post pics. In the meanwhile, I can text pics if you want pics sooner than that.

If you want both, I will make you a smoking deal.

How about $265 TYD? Offers are welcome, but please don't make a ridiculous low-ball offer.

Thanks for looking,

Tim

• Like 1

Thanks for posting my pics, John!

First 2 pics are the Majorcraft rod, last 2 are the Rainshadow. Price drop-$155 TYD on the Rainshadow and $115 TYD on the Majorcraft. The custom rod has $75 worth of guides on it. Price for both-$240 TYD.

The Rainshadow is sold. The Majorcraft is still available-$115 TYD for a very nice rod that cost WAY more when new. :headbang:

Last time-$110 TYD.