HoosierHawgs

(Un)official Hoosiers Thread

Called my shots today-for the past few days I've been saying that Monday was going to be a great day for larger bass, I was more right than I imagined.  In the two hours I fished, I caught both my 2nd and 3rd biggest ever bass and caught either my biggest or 2nd biggest limit.  Best five weighed 21.7 pounds with not on but two kickers, one weighing 6.5 pounds and the other 6.7 (decimal, not ounces). I didn't even have a partner to help, and would have had a bigger limit if I'd been able to cull a 2.1 and a 2.3.  A heck of a day, and the cool part about it was the 6.5 and 6.7 were on back to back casts-followed on several consecutive casts by some other bass in the 2-4 pound range.  Caught them all on the vision 110 fished pretty quickly on steep dropping banks and points.

The 6.5 pounder was crazy fat, the thing only measured 19.5" but looked like it had swallowed a bolling ball.  If that big girl gets a little more length on her, she'll be an 8-9+ pounder no problem.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, IndianaFinesse said:

Called my shots today-for the past few days I've been saying that Monday was going to be a great day for larger bass, I was more right than I imagined.  In the two hours I fished, I caught both my 2nd and 3rd biggest ever bass and caught either my biggest or 2nd biggest limit.  Best five weighed 21.7 pounds with not on but two kickers, one weighing 6.5 pounds and the other 6.7 (decimal, not ounces). I didn't even have a partner to help, and would have had a bigger limit if I'd been able to cull a 2.1 and a 2.3.  A heck of a day, and the cool part about it was the 6.5 and 6.7 were on back to back casts-followed on several consecutive casts by some other bass in the 2-4 pound range.  Caught them all on the vision 110 fished pretty quickly on steep dropping banks and points.

The 6.5 pounder was crazy fat, the thing only measured 19.5" but looked like it had swallowed a bolling ball.  If that big girl gets a little more length on her, she'll be an 8-9+ pounder no problem.  

21.7 wins money 10/10 times.  Great job bud!  Those visions are fish catchers

• Like 1

Good job, IF. Looks like I was a day too early :P Makes me wonder now if we caught the same fish...? Ate a 110 also about 3 weeks ago out there. Was with a friend on his boat, so had no scale at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Team9nine said:

Good job, IF. Looks like I was a day too early :P Makes me wonder now if we caught the same fish...? Ate a 110 also about 3 weeks ago out there. Was with a friend on his boat, so had no scale at the time.

I told you that Monday was going to be really good when i talked to you sundayB).  Wind has been key lately with this clear water.

That fish sure has similar proportions, and similar coloration from what I can tell.  You get a length measurement on that bass?  Not sure if that fish would have moved that far (I caught her on the steep dropping shoreline just upriver and on the same side of the lake from statue of liberty), but its definitely possible.  Either way, I want to catch her again in a couple years;)

2 hours ago, IndianaFinesse said:

I told you that Monday was going to be really good when i talked to you sundayB).  Wind has been key lately with this clear water.

That fish sure has similar proportions, and similar coloration from what I can tell.  You get a length measurement on that bass?  Not sure if that fish would have moved that far (I caught her on the steep dropping shoreline just upriver and on the same side of the lake from statue of liberty), but its definitely possible.  Either way, I want to catch her again in a couple years;)

Sadly, I had to work all day Monday :mellow: The fish in the pic was caught just north of gazebo out in the mouth of where the clubhouse cove meets the main lake. It had 3 weeks to move across the cove mouth and around Statue of Liberty. Maybe, maybe not. My fish was shorter also, I'd guess about the same length as yours. That's why it didn't grab my attention immediately after i caught it outside of it's belly. It was only after looking at the pics at one did I realize just how big/out of proportion  that fish was.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Team9nine said:

Sadly, I had to work all day Monday :mellow: The fish in the pic was caught just north of gazebo out in the mouth of where the clubhouse cove meets the main lake. It had 3 weeks to move across the cove mouth and around Statue of Liberty. Maybe, maybe not. My fish was shorter also, I'd guess about the same length as yours. That's why it didn't grab my attention immediately after i caught it outside of it's belly. It was only after looking at the pics at one did I realize just how big/out of proportion  that fish was.

setting waypoints now

LOL

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BigBassLoveSenkos said:

setting waypoints now

LOL

There's some advantages to knowing exactly what each other are talking about when no-one else does.  Sorry guys:P