dajuice89

Wtb frog rod

Hey guys im new here and i just started frog fishing last year i currently use a Berkeley cherrywood i think or its a lightning rod its a mhf 7'0 spinning. Lookin to upgrade to a casting rod already have a black maxx reel preferably 7'0 to 7'4 heavy lmk what you have thanks lookin to spend under $100

Here's a really nice Majorcraft rod that I have listed here. It would cost you about $250 shipped from Japan. And as you can see from the pics, it's in excellent condition. Double-footed guides all the way up make it extra strong for dragging fish out of cover.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/165940-2-rods-for-sale-rainshadow-custom-majorcraft-volkey-price-drop-pics-added/#comment-1883008

I have just the rod yu need...It is a telescoping Team Daiwa Light & Tough Froggin Rod model #TL 74T 1/4- 1 oz 17-30lb 

when stretched out it is 7'4" long ....got tons of backbone to pull the big girls out of the pads or slop...ALSO HAS A NICE TIP TOS USE FOR CASTING OR MAKING THE FROG WALK...tHIS ROD ALONG WITH ALL OTHER l & t SERIES HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED ....

new the rod retailed around $139.95...I could sell yu this very lightly used one for $100 bucks plus shipping...if yu are interested send me your zip code for USPS for shipping charges.....also I can send yu some pics if yu like....

Pick up a abu garcia veritas they run like 80 bucks new I have a 7'6" heavy an I'v used it for everything from heavy Texas rigs jigs frogs whatever it's a good rod for the money it's not as light as some rods but it is no big deal. also for frog fishing pick you up some heave braid I like 50 pound for my frogs suffix 832 braid is what I've found to be the best it's a little high but it's good a little cheaper alternative is berkly braid stay away from spider wire is loud an if you get a backlash you can kiss your lure goodbye.

• Like 1

If I were you, I'd check out the St. Croix Mojo Bass Frog/Slop rod. It's 7' Heavy/fast. I've got one and love it for frogs and it's heavy enough it can double as a punching stick. What makes it even better is that St. Croix upgraded the Mojo for this year, so you can get the old one for $89 with free shipping and a free mojo hat from their bargain room online. 

Give the 7' 4" H *** a try. $80 shipped from TW. 

10 hours ago, WIGuide said:

If I were you, I'd check out the St. Croix Mojo Bass Frog/Slop rod. It's 7' Heavy/fast. I've got one and love it for frogs and it's heavy enough it can double as a punching stick. What makes it even better is that St. Croix upgraded the Mojo for this year, so you can get the old one for $89 with free shipping and a free mojo hat from their bargain room online. 

Thank you thats what i went with.... and thanks everybody else good luck rippin lips this year fellas

• Like 3