Sign in to follow this  
Guest avid

No more mudbugs?

Guest avid

thanks Muddy,

But don't knock yourself out.  I can always pick up a few on ebay.

thanks again

One word of caution to all of you mudbug users. After reading all of this Mudbug talk I checked my tacklebox and lookie what I found, a mudbug.

So it is in great condition so I am going to give it a shot this weekend. It is the green tiger pattern but more green like the frog pattern with a yellow belly and black stripes.

One thing I noticed is the cheesy and I mean cheesy way Arbogast attached the hooks to the body of the bait. All he uses is a small screw eye that screws into a pre drilled hole in the plastic. That spells disaster in my opinion. So I also noticed that both of mine where loose anyway. 1 big momma and goodbye momma.

So you that like to use these check your screw in eyes and what I did was put super glue on the thread and in the hole and screwed them back in tight. I feel a heck of allot better knowing it has glue helping hold these little screw eyes in. Also, they don't use split rings to attach the hooks to these screw eyes the hooks are connected right to the screw eye. It would be hard to remove the hooks if one wanted to upgrade their hooks.

Anyway, Don, if I don't get any action on this Saturday, I will reserve it for ya. They used to be the deal way back when in Texas but I just never did much with them. Lots of folks love to troll these lures.

That shows the age and design of that master piece.   ??????? You think???

A lot of my older Hellbenders, lucky 13's and such have that same design, and I can say I have never lost a hook due to breakage.

Matt

Guest avid

Thanks, earthworm, I went to their website, they didn't advertise any.

I don't feel a compelling need for them.  I just have always had a few for as long as I can remember and was surprised to see that they were dc'd.

I probably wont even bother with ebay.

there are alot of "anitque" shows in FLA during "the season" and I there are always guys selling old lures.  Of course they act like they have gold.  but I love to haggle at these things and usually walk away with a pretty good deal.

HEY MAN IF YOU SEND ME SOME OF THE SPECIAL HOOKS YOU PUT THEM ON I WILL SEND YOU SOME THIS IS THE COLORS I HAVE RIGHT NOW

ZOOM WATER MELON RED

A BLACK AND BLUE TYPE

Thanks, earthworm, I went to their website, they didn't advertise any.

I don't feel a compelling need for them. I just have always had a few for as long as I can remember and was surprised to see that they were dc'd.

I probably wont even bother with ebay.

there are alot of "anitque" shows in FLA during "the season" and I there are always guys selling old lures. Of course they act like they have gold. but I love to haggle at these things and usually walk away with a pretty good deal.

avid   kbkindle here   when i was in so texas on lake  falcon we used them a lot i pulled up lake falcon tackle and they said they had some and  you wont get any more they are discontiued  but they had a few at $15.00 each  kb

Guest avid

Thanks Ken, but I'm paying $15.00 for a mudbug.

Like I said there are millions of them out there.  Between the flea markets and yard sales I'll find some and I'll probably pay no more than a dollar or two apiece.

I got 5 of the old wood ones

1 black

1 white/red

1 bone silver flake

1 coach dog

1 perch/bluegill

You want one? They are original wood i'll just mail you one free. drop me a email or PM.

Guest avid

Why thank you young feller.

I do believe I will accept your offer.

PM sent.

Thank you kindly.

avid