--Storm arashi Silent Square bill 5 --

--Charlie's Worms Finesse Worm, black

--Mustad 4/0, 1/8oz swimbait hooks

--Garlic Scent

--MTB sticker

--Bait card

(no dibble digest this month?)

Good box...

That said, I am going to raise a criticism: The Vile Craws are a sample pack, but the bait card lists the price of a full pack. I do not mind samples at all. But MTB always used to adjust the price on the bait cards to reflect the value of the sample. It appears they no longer do this all the time, which disappoints me. Also, one of the selling points of the Pro box used to be that you would get full packs instead of samples. This apparently is also longer the case.

This was one of my long-standing problems with LTB, when I was a subscriber: the bait card would list the price of a full pack, even when they sent a sample, and thus the values of the boxes were often systematically exaggerated based on the bait card. LTB always said they "tried" to send full packs of plastics whenever they could; in practice, half of the packs I got were samples. But this was never reflected in the values on the bait card. And that never sat well with me, as it seems to mislead subscribers about the value they are getting. I don't mind samples, but I expect not to be mislead about what I'm getting. And it was always something I felt gave an advantage to MTB. Now, I see MTB is going the same route, and thus has lost that advantage.

So here is my message to MTB and LTB:  Please stop doing this. You both provide a good service with good value. You don't need to promote false impressions of that value. When you include samples, be honest about it and adjust the listed price to reflect the value of the sample. You know full well subscribers use the bait card to estimate the value of the box. I have seen representatives of both of your companies encourage subscribers to add up the prices on the card to estimate the value of the box. You must know this is misleading.

We still do distinguish between the value of full packs and sample packs and we also agree it's misleading not to do so. It actually appears that there was a mistake packing your box. The regular box had samples and the Pro should have had the full pack and it looks like we mistakenly put the wrong pack in there. Please contact our support team and we'll send you the correct baits said we'll as a link to the missing Dibble.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MysteryTackleBox said:

We still do distinguish between the value of full packs and sample packs and we also agree it's misleading not to do so. It actually appears that there was a mistake packing your box. The regular box had samples and the Pro should have had the full pack and it looks like we mistakenly put the wrong pack in there. Please contact our support team and we'll send you the correct baits said we'll as a link to the missing Dibble.

This is good to know!  There we have it -- concerns addressed. I withdraw the criticism.  Although, I believe it also happened in a pro box I got a couple months ago, so it looked like a pattern (I will have to look at what I got again)

So, LTB:  are you also pro-rating sample values now on the bait card, or are you open to it? I'm not a current LTB subscriber but I was once and could be again.  I did get a Bass XL box as a gift a few months ago....good box, but I noticed the same thing: the value of a full pack was listed for an item I got as a sample.  How about it?

• Like 1

Interesting, I have attached my pro box for June. 

Just for clarity sake, where are you from? I am in Indianapolis. 

Also, MTB are you doing different boxes depending on regions?

IMG_0598.JPG

3 minutes ago, Doug Anderson said:

Please send me a magazine. 

Hey Doug,

It looks like we had an issue on one of our packout lines this month and some boxes did not get a magazine. We created this digital version of this month's Dibble for you so you don't miss out on any of the content. 

https://d32swstyppi9nx.cloudfront.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/June-Dibble-Digest.pdf

On 6/15/2017 at 6:00 PM, MIbassyaker said:

This is good to know!  There we have it -- concerns addressed. I withdraw the criticism.  Although, I believe it also happened in a pro box I got a couple months ago, so it looked like a pattern (I will have to look at what I got again)

So, LTB:  are you also pro-rating sample values now on the bait card, or are you open to it? I'm not a current LTB subscriber but I was once and could be again.  I did get a Bass XL box as a gift a few months ago....good box, but I noticed the same thing: the value of a full pack was listed for an item I got as a sample.  How about it?

Hi,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide some honest feedback.  I will pass this concern along to my team. 

As a consumer I don't want to feel mislead and as the procurer of LTB boxes would never want you to feel that way either.  Ultimately any subscription box company works with a particular budget.  Both MTB and LTB reduce the count of our soft plastics included to stay within this budget (and sometimes to reduce overall weight restrictions for shipping).  Sometimes we have provided a 5 pack when it might normally be an 8, other times we have provided a full pack.  It can vary from month to month.  I always want to ensure that our customers have at least 4 baits or more in their bags.  How one defines "sample" can be subjective but I'm open to consistently pro-rating values on the bait card.   

At the end of the day. the dollar value is important to me in a box, but when constructing, I am more concerned about the overall collection of the products, how they work together and that they are appropriate for the season.  I feel like LTB consistently provides value in both areas that exceeds the price our customers pay for the box.

Received my July MTB box yesterday.  It looks like they're starting to include more proprietary tackle from their Catch Co brand.  $5.29 for 4 soft plastics?  Give me a break, they may last 2 fish each, maybe.  If it had 8 to a pack I wouldn't be as salty. https://mysterytacklebox.com/brand/catch-co/catch-co-shimmer-shad

To sum up what was in this box : 3 god awful drop shot hooks that no one should ever use, 4 little lead drop shot weights, 8 soft plastics (4 were strike king), 1 hollow body frog (live target).  Good frog but the rest was really disappointing. I'm cancelling my sub if the next box is as bad as this one, especially if they keep including fictitiously price inflated proprietary tackle.

19 minutes ago, Doelman said:

Received my July MTB box yesterday.  It looks like they're starting to include more proprietary tackle from their Catch Co brand.  $5.29 for 4 soft plastics?  Give me a break, they may last 2 fish each, maybe.  If it had 8 to a pack I wouldn't be as salty. https://mysterytacklebox.com/brand/catch-co/catch-co-shimmer-shad

Thank you for the feedback. The reason the Shimmer Shads have a higher MSRP than traditional soft plastics is because the process to insert a foil strip into the bait, glue in the eyes, and hand-paint the bait two colors is a lot more labor than a traditional injection molded plastic. But these added details also make the bait a lot more realistic. Other products using similar technology and details retail from $7 to $9 on Tackle Warehouse for similar pack sizes. Here are some examples:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Basstrix_Bait_Fry/descpage-BTBF.html

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Fish_Arrow_Flash_J_Split_Tail/descpage-FAFJS.html

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lunkerhunt_Bento_Minnow/descpage-LKHBENT.html

Thank you again for the feedback and we will pass this along to our product team.

• Like 1

July MTB Pro box:

MTBprobox170711.thumb.jpg.ed2d1c7364dc2aa14c6d4fcb9110343c.jpg

Duo Realis Cambiospin spinnerbait

Kahara hollow bodied "rat 'n rat"

Zorro Booza Brush Bug, Jig Black & Blue 3/8pz

Strike King Dream Shot OPT

Catch Co Shimmer Shad

Trapper dropshot hooks #1

Karl's Stash drop shot weights 3/16 & 1/4oz

Dibble Digest

Sticker

Youtubers card

bait card

I detect a drop-shot theme.

There was some buzz about the trapper hooks a few months ago (classic release?). I'm skeptical of the design, but drop-shot is the one application where I can at least kind of see how to make it work.

About the Catch Co brand: I also have mixed feelings about including proprietary items too. But if it's an item here or there, say, every few boxes I don't mind, as long as it's good quality and not bargain-bin filler.

2 hours ago, MIbassyaker said:

July MTB Pro box:

MTBprobox170711.thumb.jpg.ed2d1c7364dc2aa14c6d4fcb9110343c.jpg

Duo Realis Cambiospin spinnerbait

Kahara hollow bodied "rat 'n rat"

Zorro Booza Brush Bug, Jig Black & Blue 3/8pz

Strike King Dream Shot OPT

Catch Co Shimmer Shad

Trapper dropshot hooks #1

Karl's Stash drop shot weights 3/16 & 1/4oz

Dibble Digest

Sticker

Youtubers card

bait card

I detect a drop-shot theme.

There was some buzz about the trapper hooks a few months ago (classic release?). I'm skeptical of the design, but drop-shot is the one application where I can at least kind of see how to make it work.

About the Catch Co brand: I also have mixed feelings about including proprietary items too. But if it's an item here or there, say, every few boxes I don't mind, as long as it's good quality and not bargain-bin filler.

Well I caught one fish on the trapper hook and ended up having to bend the thing to get it out of the fish.  The bait sat on it fine and obviously it pinned the fish well, but if I can't get the dang thing out without destroying the hook it's pretty worthless to me.  Maybe you'll have better luck than me.

Sorry to say but after I opened my July box I decided I had tried MTB long enough. I cancelled last night. Too much little dinkie stuff that I'll probably never use. I do think the concept is good but I do think there needs to be a way to get more stuff that you would use. Maybe an upgrade from the pro box that lets the customer pick at least one item for their box.  I enjoyed about half of what I received.  

I skipped this month due to other obligations which is so many. (Engagement, birth of niece, uncle passing, Concert, medical problems, dentist, etc...) that's all within the past 2 weeks. Next month I'll do the same. But I get to go to an Academy tomorrow excited since my area only has a Walmart.

My MTB Pro box was the same as MIbassyaker. I'm pleased with it. The stores around here don't really have drop shot stuff and I've never tried it so, I'm now going to try it. I'm happy with my 3 pro boxes so far so keep it going MTB. 

On 7/14/2016 at 8:35 PM, MIbassyaker said:

Yeah, they send several different boxes each month, some items overlap across some of the boxes, and some don't. YOu can actually see the items from other boxes by changing the last word and number of the aboutmybox link printed on the card. This month mine was.../basspro071. If yours is different it will have a different number at the end. The regular bass boxes are ../bass###

One slight difference with LTB is that 99% of the time everyone gets the same box each.  We create tip and technique videos on each of the items in the box so its important that when I purchase products for the box that there are not multiple box variations.  

I got my August MTB box and I like it, a lot of punching stuff that I have zero of, and a nice top water and squarebill but I didn't get a card with my box website address in it. If anyone has the same box wouldn't mind sharing I'd appreciate it. 

alright I'm officially getting fed up with MTB..... this month it seems I got a prespawn box instead of a summer box.  Small crank bait, small twitch bait, some misc plastic worms.  It's funny, even the videos they have on their website for every single bait I got describes it as a "Great bait for the prespawn".   The baits themselves are fine, but it's AUGUST!

19 minutes ago, Doelman said:

alright I'm officially getting fed up with MTB..... this month it seems I got a prespawn box instead of a summer box.  Small crank bait, small twitch bait, some misc plastic worms.  It's funny, even the videos they have on their website for every single bait I got describes it as a "Great bait for the prespawn".   The baits themselves are fine, but it's AUGUST!

Do you get the Pro box?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 12poundbass said:

Do you get the Pro box?

Regular box, pretty sure it's a leftover February box.

Just now, Doelman said:

We sent you a PM earlier. Please send us your email so we can look up your account and make sure the person packing your order did not send the wrong box or our system did not assign the wrong box.

MTB is taking care of it and sending me the right box so two thumbs up to them for customer service, thanks!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Doelman said:

MTB is taking care of it and sending me the right box so two thumbs up to them for customer service, thanks!

Happy to help! Also, just a follow up on our PM, we looked at our system to see why it assigned you that box and we think we see the cause. Our system actually looks at recent past boxes you received and then tries to send you the most unique box possible (to reduce product overlap month over month). In this case, it looks like the most unique box for you was actually an older box, so it sent you that one. We are going to be reviewing our system logic and looking for ways to optimize (as we always do) and this is a great example of where we think some minor tweaks can further improve the experience.

Thanks again for raising the concern and the replacement box will be sent out shortly!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Doelman said:

I was going to say if you had the Pro box you for sure got the wrong box. All my Pro Box's have been superb! 

Glad to hear they're getting you squared away. I was missing something in one of my boxes. I PM'ed them on here within an hour my replacement was being shipped. I'd say that's top notch service. Humans make mistakes, it's how you correct your mistake that matters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 12poundbass said:

I was going to say if you had the Pro box you for sure got the wrong box. All my Pro Box's have been superb! 

Glad to hear they're getting you squared away. I was missing something in one of my boxes. I PM'ed them on here within an hour my replacement was being shipped. I'd say that's top notch service. Humans make mistakes, it's how you correct your mistake that matters.

Apparently it looks like the computer made the mistake this time lol or I guess it was the computer engineer that designed it.  The box itself is actually good, just not for summer bass.

• Like 1