A-Jay

Z Man Chatterbait Freedom

Z Man Chatterbait Freedom .jpg

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-videos/chatterbait-freedom.html

Really looking forward to throwing this one around as soon as it comes out. 

The versatility & ability to come through cover better dictated a pre-order.

:)

A-Jay

• Like 5

Been watching for it as well. Big bladed jig fan since I started throwing them. The versatility in skirt options, trailers, and even in your retrieve options, is now INCREASED to allow for even better access through heavy cover to include wood. Pretty excited.

AND  . . . It's now Available for purchase at TW.

How's that for timing ?

Snooze you loose

A-Jay

• Like 1

I am looking on TW now, and do not see it under the bladed jig section  Disregard, I founded it

Let's hope the eyelet is properly closed on these

2 hours ago, PennBass said:

As opposed to?

2 hours ago, PennBass said:

What does this mean ?   

A-Jay

15 minutes ago, SemperBass said:

As opposed to?

12 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

What does this mean ?   

A-Jay

I'm not sure if I've just been really unlucky, but with some of the original chatterbaits I had a few problems with the body flying off on the cast leaving only the blade and snap behind. :unsure:

Hmmm... I've never experienced that. However, I've never used an original chatterbait. I didn't get into chatterbaits until I got some Project Z's. Perhaps there was a defect? I'm not sure. But with mine now, I've had nothing but quality products. I guess I can't speak in regards to their original chatterbait but like all products; fishing related or not, there will be occasional flaws.

I do however believe that Z-Man has proven themselves to the point where trying their lures are worth it. In the end, I think that's what we come to expect from a company. If there's a flaw, fix it. If not, you sink. Competitive advantage is a must in an industry where everybody and their brother makes lures. Again, I feel Z-Man has done right but the few complaints I've seen and have garnered my business from that.

• Like 1

Ordered. Thanks for the heads up  A jay

just curious do you guys like the 1/2 oz? All my bladed jigs are 3/8

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, riverbasser said:

I own three 1/2 oz's. Not a single 3/8. To me, the difference in 1/8oz can be made up on retrieve rate or patience.

Maybe that's just me?

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:42 PM, PennBass said:

I'm not sure if I've just been really unlucky, but with some of the original chatterbaits I had a few problems with the body flying off on the cast leaving only the blade and snap behind. :unsure:

Thank you for the response-  The head on this bait is made by Freedom.  I have several of their other model heads.  The only problem I've had with them is that they are constantly getting stuck deep in big bass mouths.

Swimbait choker.jpg

A-Jay

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:03 PM, riverbasser said:

I like the 3/8's for the majority of my vibrating jig presentations (down to about 8-10 ft) and the 1/2 for any deeper stuff.

A-Jay

• Like 4

Before this post I had never heard of freedom, or there independent head design. Looking at some of there other skirtless jigs. Anyone used the hydra hybrid jig?

Just now, riverbasser said:

Before this post I had never heard of freedom, or there independent head design. Looking at some of there other skirtless jigs. Anyone used the hydra hybrid jig?

Yes - and it's Killer.

Extremely versatile.

A-Jay

Awesome thanks again man

• Like 1

I own mostly 3/8 jigs and some 1/4 since I mainly fish then shallow and often faster than most people like to do....I use the 1/2 ounce when fishing fast since I can cover more water...

The original Chatterbaits that were Pre ZMAN and made by Rad or Renosky or at that time when they had a ton of various versions I had issues with snaps and the eye holding up. If you ever see a sale on Chatterbaits by Z-Man make sure they are not over 10 years old or one of the first batches since I think some may have been defective and the snaps if you compare them to the regular Chatterbait being offered now is clearly cheaper...The regular chatterbaits for $4.99 now have snaps that are better and stronger..

I think they changed them 4-5 years ago? Not sure...The new chatterbaits are all constructed with top components and I think like all lures they fixed and improved on the original which works fine...

You can always change your snaps if nervous to a better quality one if you feel it is not strong, I think the new ones use the KVD sytle snaps...I use ones that a member made for me and then the original ones and the booyah and Poison jigs still....Then I have added blades to regular swim jigs and it works fine...

If only Eagle Claw would have marketed the Eaker Shaker much better they would be making some money as they were selling these blades in the 80's...

• Like 1

Looks good. I haven't had any luck with a bladed jig yet, but I'm not giving up. Ordered some from Siebert but my next TW order I will order some of these. I like those freedom jig heads. I used them with swimbaits first time and did well. Don't order to heavy because they sink quick. Lost a couple in some rocks and trees but that's were bass hang out. I just think if I was using a little lighter I wouldn't have gotten stuck as much. Thanks for the heads up A-Jay good luck

• Like 1

ahhhh...I just had to order some. ajay is usually on the money. chatterbaits are fish catchers.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2016 at 5:52 PM, A-Jay said:

AND  . . . It's now Available for purchase at TW.

How's that for timing ?

Snooze you loose

A-Jay

Ordered mine Friday..got them delivered today. Just opened the box - better than Christmas!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SemperBass said:

Ordered mine Friday..got them delivered today. Just opened the box - better than Christmas!

What ?  How the heck did you get them before me ? 

It has been a little cold here - maybe the Bait Monkey's Banana Frozen.  That would slow him down some.

A-Jay

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A-Jay said:

What ?  How the heck did you get them before me ? 

It has been a little cold here - maybe the Bait Monkey's Banana Frozen.  That would slow him down some.

A-Jay

Cold? I'm just a tad South lol! I'm not going to lie though, I received my confirmation of order and then 30mins later, received my confirmation of shipment. It was the fastest I've ever experienced. I only did priority mail too, not overnight or 2 day.

Just now, SemperBass said:

Cold? I'm just a tad South lol! I'm not going to lie though, I received my confirmation of order and then 30mins later, received my confirmation of shipment. It was the fastest I've ever experienced. I only did priority mail too, not overnight or 2 day.

Sweet - Yesterday & the day before we had snow here. 

btw - I was in Pinconning Sunday & the wife's down in Fenton as we speak.

Stud on the run.

A-Jay

Just now, A-Jay said:

Sweet - Yesterday & the day before we had snow here. 

btw - I was in Pinconning Sunday & the wife's down in Fenton as we speak.

Stud on the run.

A-Jay

We had brief periods of flakes. More sleet than snow really. 

Pinconning? What in the world for? Northwoods is the only reason to go there!! :lol:

4 minutes ago, SemperBass said:

We had brief periods of flakes. More sleet than snow really. 

Pinconning? What in the world for? Northwoods is the only reason to go there!! :lol:

I had completely run out of cheese ~

:P

A-Jay

• Like 1