ErikmonBillsfon

New Savage Gear rat

So I just noticed that savage gear who I recently found to be a great brand offering tons if high quality lures is making a rat. Looks very similar to the BBZ rat type, maybe longer and slender profile. Seems like it has a mesh that holds the segments together similar to  their line thru trout.

Any of you masters of baits get one early like a prototype? How weedless do we think this will be or is it only an open water type of lure. Price will probably similar to BBZ or the line thru trout savage gear sells. Looks like it will be availible after the ICAsT.

I feel in love with the live target feild mouse last year although it's an entirely different type of lure, it was the easiest hollow body to walk the dog and would slay bass and pIke in my little tidal creeks. Love to add a different weapon to my top water box. 

http://www.tackletour.com/previewsavagegear3drat.html here is a review on it

Screenshot_2016-05-17-06-45-54.png

Screenshot_2016-05-17-06-47-54.png

In the videos I've seen it has a much more fluid swimming motion than the Spro. I'll be getting one when they're available.

Also excited about their new Suicide Duck. Both legs are like the props on a Whopper Plopper.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting the videos, you're a great MOD btw.

I think ima def get the small version since in CT the bass are smaller. I hope they make a solid dark brown redish color. If every rat has a white stomach then what's the point in buying multiple colors. 

That duck looks cool too. They need to bring more of a marketing over to America. I know they are from Europe but each lure they make is unique and made with quality.

I think they're working on moving more advertising to the US. Savage Gear is one of the best companies out there at listening to it's customers. I follow Mads Grosell on Facebook and he always actively engages with people and asks what they'd like to see next. It seems so obvious to just ask the consumer what they want to spend their money on, but they really seem to have it down. Creating such lifelike and innovative baits, and then selling them at very reasonable prices. They're really showing everyone how it's done, especially in the swimbait market. 

• Like 1

That duckling lure is d**n adorable and I will buy one just to hang on our Christmas tree.  I might even fish it a bit but we shall see. 

I have been eying their Soft Mud Minnow for a while now, but have yet to pull the trigger on a pair. Anyone use one and like it? 

Also would like to know about the mud minnow and if it's like a pre rigged pop shadz from z man in the form of a spook. Looks interesting as I almost only fish weedless. 

Savage gear is getting there dollars worth they spent on their 3D printer/scanner that's for sure. I also like how their lures could easily be double the cost but they keep them very reasonable for the quality

And here I was thinking I didn't need anymore lures for a while.....

That duck and rat look awesome. The duck looks killer, you could remove the bottom hook and basically have a whopper plopper you can work over thick stuff. And that rat has a much better action than the spro IMO. Does anyone know what sizes will be available on both?

I think the duck will be 3.75" and 4.5" versions, not sure about the rat but I have seen 2 different sizes so far.

I haven't used any of Savage gear stuff yet, but the Rat and the Duck both look phenomenal in they're own right for what they represent. The swimming motion on the rat looks deadly and the fact that the duck is a "dual prop" Plopper style buzz bait is insane!

The rat looks awesome!! I can't wait to pick one up. Savage Gear absolutely rocks! They make solid, effective baits that catch fish and don't break the bank at all. I'm amazed at their prices and all I can say is bravo Savage Gear. Keep it up! They have a passion and it's obvious they want to share it with as many anglers as possible. Pretty cool.

i'm definitely picking one of these up to go with my spro

Whoever thought up these two baits is pure genius... I wish I would have thought of it first, they're gonna make some good money off of those baits! Some of that money will be made off of me :lol: