Jump to content
IndianaFinesse

The latest sale thread

Glenn

Reminder: Do NOT attempt to get around the word filters. We don't like to hand out penalties, but will do so if this occurs. Please don't put us in that position.

Message added by Glenn

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fluna said:

Gander outdoors BOGO 50% Strike King lures

Oh so they're up and running again eh? I wonder when stores around me will start re-opening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NorthernBasser said:

Oh so they're up and running again eh? I wonder when stores around me will start re-opening. 

They permanently closed quite a few stores and only reopened some. The website shows some more opening this spring and some in 2018.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vilas15 said:

They permanently closed quite a few stores and only reopened some. The website shows some more opening this spring and some in 2018.

Nice. The one closest to me (Brookfield) is re-opening. I know they combined with Camping World. Do they still carry as much fishing stuff as before? (not that their selection was on the same level as Cabela's or BPS).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2018 at 9:18 PM, fluna said:

Gander outdoors BOGO 50% Strike King lures

It would appear that the promo code FLOAT2018 stacks for an additional 15% off. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NorthernBasser said:

Nice. The one closest to me (Brookfield) is re-opening. I know they combined with Camping World. Do they still carry as much fishing stuff as before? (not that their selection was on the same level as Cabela's or BPS).

I wonder if the store in Janesville and the one in Madision area is reopening? I know in the past they made some horrible location choices around here. They had high traffic stores by the Madison malls, only to move out north of Madison into an area with not a lot going on, but they were closer to the interstate which I believe was their goal at the time, don't think it worked out around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cgolf said:

I wonder if the store in Janesville and the one in Madision area is reopening? I know in the past they made some horrible location choices around here. They had high traffic stores by the Madison malls, only to move out north of Madison into an area with not a lot going on, but they were closer to the interstate which I believe was their goal at the time, don't think it worked out around here.

The one in Madison did reopen already.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vilas15 said:

The one in Madison did reopen already.

Yup. Technically DeForest. And it was already right next to Camping World (who bought Gander) so that one makes sense. I doubt the Janesville store re-opens. That wasn't one of the nicer buildings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question regarding that 20% off Academy Sports code. Is the code always the same, and they just activate it from time to time? Or does the code change? Also, how do we know when it's going on? I don't believe they advertise it on their site, do they? 

 

Oh, asking for a friend. :whistle:

On 5/10/2018 at 7:44 PM, NorthernBasser said:

Yup. Technically DeForest. And it was already right next to Camping World (who bought Gander) so that one makes sense. I doubt the Janesville store re-opens. That wasn't one of the nicer buildings. 

I may have been wrong about the Janesville store. Coworker said he thought it had already re-opened. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NorthernBasser said:

Oh, asking for a friend. :whistle:

I may have been wrong about the Janesville store. Coworker said he thought it had already re-opened. 

Janesville is open. Gander Outdoors Locations

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2018 at 11:26 PM, NorthernBasser said:

Question regarding that 20% off Academy Sports code. Is the code always the same, and they just activate it from time to time? Or does the code change? Also, how do we know when it's going on? I don't believe they advertise it on their site, do they? 

 

Oh, asking for a friend. :whistle:

Been wondering the same. Anyone know? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Google Express has a code "DEAL20"  that can be used once per account, for 20% off anything, even already discounted items.

 

https://express.google.com/

 

I used mine to grab a bunch of already discounted Trokar hooks so I got them for almost 50% off MSRP.

 

Searching for stuff is kind of the wild west, as their search filters are garbage.  Try entering in brand names to get a list of what they have available.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American Legacy has 50% off select Evergreen lures, including some shower blows 150's in gill and striper color!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MassYak85 said:

American Legacy has 50% off select Evergreen lures, including some shower blows 150's in gill and striper color!

I hate/love you.

 

Also, if you sign up for their newsletter, you get 10% off your purchase (one time thing). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NorthernBasser said:

I hate/love you.

 

Also, if you sign up for their newsletter, you get 10% off your purchase (one time thing). 

Hehe, this thread is dangerous for sure lol. Apparently so is my email because I got notified by the newsletter so no signup bonus for me unfortunately.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MassYak85 said:

Hehe, this thread is dangerous for sure lol. Apparently so is my email because I got notified by the newsletter so no signup bonus for me unfortunately.

I have 2 SB's in my cart. Still trying to decide if I want that 7'3" Zillion Jig/Worm. I normally use 7' for my weighted T-Rig. Not sure if 7'3" will feel odd to me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NorthernBasser said:

I have 2 SB's in my cart. Still trying to decide if I want that 7'3" Zillion Jig/Worm. I normally use 7' for my weighted T-Rig. Not sure if 7'3" will feel odd to me.

 

 

Didn't even see the zillions. Doesn't look like they have any models I'm interested in though. For what it's worth I've never felt in the long run a longer rod felt weird as long as it was light and balanced. I use the 7'2" Tatula HF as my jig rod and it feels perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MassYak85 said:

Didn't even see the zillions. Doesn't look like they have any models I'm interested in though. For what it's worth I've never felt in the long run a longer rod felt weird as long as it was light and balanced. I use the 7'2" Tatula HF as my jig rod and it feels perfect. 

Here's what's odd. If you go to casting rods>Diawa, and you scroll down, you'll see a Zillion Frog rod, but no other Zillions. But if you click on that and scroll down, you'll see other Zillions. So I wonder if they're in stock or not. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthernBasser said:

I have 2 SB's in my cart. Still trying to decide if I want that 7'3" Zillion Jig/Worm. I normally use 7' for my weighted T-Rig. Not sure if 7'3" will feel odd to me.

 

 

I own the 7'3 MH jig/worm Zillion rod and it's AWESOME. It's ridiculously well balanced. Great reel seat too. It's honestly one of my favorite rods that I own. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cabelas  has the Daiwa fuego ct on sale and he fuego spinning reel on sale


https://www.cabelas.com/product/bargain-cave/new-this-week/boating-fishing/pc/105591780/c/105633180/sc/105638580/daiwa-fuego-ct-casting-reels/2455324.uts?slotId=3

https://www.cabelas.com/product/bargain-cave/new-this-week/boating-fishing/pc/105591780/c/105633180/sc/105638580/daiwa-fuego-spinning-reel/2185864.uts?slotId=2
 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Socal399 said:

The Fuego CT casting reels are great bang for the buck.  I've been picking them up from American Legacy or another seller on eBay for about $57 shipped when there's a 20% code floating around.  Just bought a Rays finesse spool to go in one to see how well it throws really light stuff.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, adrenalnjunky said:

The Fuego CT casting reels are great bang for the buck.  I've been picking them up from American Legacy or another seller on eBay for about $57 shipped when there's a 20% code floating around.  Just bought a Rays finesse spool to go in one to see how well it throws really light stuff.  

Me too! I thought this is a great deal for the people who don’t want to wait for the eBay discount code to come around!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, punch said:

I own the 7'3 MH jig/worm Zillion rod and it's AWESOME. It's ridiculously well balanced. Great reel seat too. It's honestly one of my favorite rods that I own. 

Good to hear. Do you use it for Texas rig (weighted)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Sense official site has some baits marked down. Click on "deals".

 

If anybody is interested, I have a 10% off entire purchase code if you'd like. Just PM me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2018 at 7:06 PM, MassYak85 said:

American Legacy has 50% off select Evergreen lures, including some shower blows 150's in gill and striper color!

I'm beyond bummed. I had 2 Shower Blows in my cart last night, but didn't check out because I was deciding if I wanted that rod or not. Well, just now I go to check out, and the SB's are now out of stock. What's the saying- Crap or get of the pot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fish

    bass fish

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×