Jump to content
IndianaFinesse

The latest sale thread

Glenn

Reminder: Do NOT attempt to get around the word filters. We don't like to hand out penalties, but will do so if this occurs. Please don't put us in that position.

Message added by Glenn

Recommended Posts

On 12/18/2018 at 8:43 PM, NorthernBasser said:

Just ordered the Dobyns Sierra 734C from TW. Regular $180, they had it marked down to $120. But first I I bought a gift card at 10% off. So in the end I spent around $108 for the rod.

 

Anybody fish the Sierras? I have some Furys that I really like. How much of a step up is the Sierra? 

I own both a fury and Sierra, recently scored the Sierra in a local shop for $80 on Black Friday, couldn’t pass it up. The difference in sensitivity is incredible. I think you’ll really enjoy it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some nice discounts on the rods, reels and combos on the KastKing site right now...

 

merry christmas...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 12poundbass said:

Round 1 from Santa. He's a nice guy.

 

20181221_155655-1.jpg

Oh crap wrong thread. My bad! 😕

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 8:12 PM, JWall14 said:

I’m really tempted to get a dobyns Sierra especially since I kind of need a casting rod. If I got a 6’6 MH what next?? I’m thinking flipping stick or cranking/treble bait rod.

Just an FYI, these come in split grip or full cork handle. The split grip has micro guides. Some may not know that.

 

And every model is either med/heavy, heavy or mag-heavy. Except for one. And that's the 6'8" medium/fast in the full cork handle. That's what I'd go with if you wanted a rod for trebles.

 

But for flipping, I'd get the 7'3" mag-heavy in split grip/micro guides. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tackle Warehouse informed me they now have the daiwa crossfire spinning reel back in stock...29.99...

 

DFCF-1.jpg

 

3000 M / ML 3BB, 1RB 5.3:1 31.1” 9.3 8/240, 10/200, 12/170 8.8

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, greentrout said:

TW informed me they now have the daiwa crossfire spinning reel back in stock...29.99...

 

DFCF-1.jpg

 

3000 M / ML 3BB, 1RB 5.3:1 31.1” 9.3 8/240, 10/200, 12/170 8.8

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I have one of these - the one with the higher bearing count, if that's the one these are, it's a nice reel for the $$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you missed out on the TW sale, Academy has the outgoing Lew's LFS reels for the same price. 

 

https://www.academy.com/shop/browse/search?searchTerm=Lews lfs

 

There's a new $99 LFS out now. The previous gen are all going on clearance. 

 

Does anyone have any academy codes to stack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discount Tackle has the Jack Hammer chatterbaits on sale for $12.79.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Discount Tackle has the Jack Hammer chatterbaits on sale for $12.79.

I'm seeing 14$?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eBay has a 10% eBay bucks back promo going on til the 27th as long as it shows up on the main page for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone thinking of a Fuego CT - Amazon has them for under $75 right now for all three speeds.

 

I might bite the bullet and get my pitch/flip combo now as they also have the Aird X rods in stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Academy $69.99 

 

Bought my grandson one 😉

 

IMG_20181226_131318.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

Anyone thinking of a Fuego CT - Amazon has them for under $75 right now for all three speeds.

 

I might bite the bullet and get my pitch/flip combo now as they also have the Aird X rods in stock.

They're $65-69 on ebay usually from Alpha2Omega or a few other sellers.  When a 20% off everything pops up, you can grab them for about $56 each.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFO has their buy one get one 50% off sale right now. I just picked up a pair of spinning reels. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, adrenalnjunky said:

They're $65-69 on ebay usually from Alpha2Omega or a few other sellers.  When a 20% off everything pops up, you can grab them for about $56 each.  

I don't do E-Bay - I was a seller there until they made it "seller wrong-buyer right" no matter who was at fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Catt said:

Academy $69.99 

 

Bought my grandson one 😉

 

IMG_20181226_131318.jpg

One of the toughest reels ever built. Mine are relegated to my kids and co-fishers that don't have enough proper gear. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

I don't do E-Bay - I was a seller there until they made it "seller wrong-buyer right" no matter who was at fault.

What does that have to do with buying stuff? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joshua van Wyk said:

What does that have to do with buying stuff? 

Because of how they screwed me when I was a seller - I refuse to give them any of my business. I don't care who you are, you sell through E-Bay only, I don't buy from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 12poundbass said:

FFO has their buy one get one 50% off sale right now. I just picked up a pair of spinning reels. 

FFO stands for Fishermans Factory Outlet in case anybody is scratching their head and trying to figure it out.

55 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

Because of how they screwed me when I was a seller - I refuse to give them any of my business. I don't care who you are, you sell through E-Bay only, I don't buy from you.

That sucks....Many really good deals can be had on ebay these days if you time things just right.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kenmitch said:

FFO stands for Fishermans Factory Outlet in case anybody is scratching their head and trying to figure it out

Yeah my bad. I'm sometimes that guy scratching my head wondering what they mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kenmitch said:

Many really good deals can be had on ebay these days if you time things just right.

Your right, I am waiting on a 20% off sale for a big purchase !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be worth a look at Cabelas as they have a sale going on. Some good deals to be had if not sold out already.

 

Looks like most of the crazy discounted items are going fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×