IndianaFinesse

The latest sale thread

Glenn

Reminder: Do NOT attempt to get around the word filters. We don't like to hand out penalties, but will do so if this occurs. Please don't put us in that position.

Message added by Glenn

6 minutes ago, stratoliner92 said:

Have you ordered a Shimano during this sell ? There's a reel I really wantūüėȬ†

Thanks 

No I did not, but I did order some Aftco stuff and it was the same situation. I'd called previously about Daiwa and Shimano and was told the invoice would show the discount, which it did.

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2019 at 12:17 PM, punch said:

Contemplating on getting one of the smaller ones...not sure I want anything more than my backpack though since I'm a bank fisher but it would open up a pocket and make it easier to sort through¬†ūüėď

TW charged me tax on my last order, guess I’ll be looking for a new supplier. Any recommendations?

19 minutes ago, BassinBrit said:

TW charged me tax on my last order, guess I’ll be looking for a new supplier. Any recommendations?

A lot of states are now charging taxes on online purchases on websites that they otherwise we're not. This all took effect in 2019. I live in Minnesota and we're now getting sales tax on eBay, which kinda sucks. 

Yep.  Dont blame TW....call your state representatives 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, punch said:

A lot of states are now charging taxes on online purchases on websites that they otherwise we're not. This all took effect in 2019. I live in Minnesota and we're now getting sales tax on eBay, which kinda sucks. 

7 hours ago, Choporoz said:

Yep.  Dont blame TW....call your state representatives 

I will put my frustration aside and deal with it by buying product to the gift card price and put the taxes on my CC. It is just so frustrating that people take advantage of it and screw it up for the rest of us. We always do our taxes so we get a decent return, so adding our internet purchases to our taxes had an invisible impact to us. 

4 hours ago, cgolf said:

I will put my frustration aside and deal with it by buying product to the gift card price and put the taxes on my CC. It is just so frustrating that people take advantage of it and screw it up for the rest of us. We always do our taxes so we get a decent return, so adding our internet purchases to our taxes had an invisible impact to us. 

state and local tax deductions are capped at $10k now.  I'm well over that in IL with just property taxes and state income tax.  I'm sure you're not far off in WI

6 hours ago, ryanerb said:

Amazon has 25% off for a limited time on a select amount of fishing equipment, some ABU IKE reels and Penn Saltwater stuff. 

https://www.amazon.com/s?i=sporting&rh=n%3A3375251%2Cn%3A11130423011%2Cn%3A11130517011%2Cn%3A11130520011%2Cn%3A18924608011&s=price-desc-rank&qid=1559153182&ref=sr_st_price-desc-rank

Good deal on the penn conflicts.  Picked one up.  Thanks.

12 hours ago, Eynt said:

Good deal on the penn conflicts.  Picked one up.  Thanks.

Glad you were able to take advantage. I had never even heard of that reel, may have looked at it a little closer had I know some other people liked it. What size did you get? For freshwater fishing or salt? 

For everyone else, amazon sale is over, I think it was like a 12 hr daily sale or something. 

Overtons has 35% off with code flash35

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adrenalnjunky said:

Was in academy earlier today, my store had all their strike king marked 25% off.  Looks like it is online as well.  

Soft plastics or every Strike King product they carry?

I think someone posted on here recently a website that had some great deals on Dobyns rods. Anyone know what site that was?

7 hours ago, pauldconyers said:

I think someone posted on here recently a website that had some great deals on Dobyns rods. Anyone know what site that was?

Call Dobyn's Rods and speak to their customer service rep...they have lot's of refurbished (either gently used or new with minor defect) Fury and Colt rods (maybe other models as well) they just haven't had time to put on their web site for sale...$85 shipped for Fury and $65 shipped for Colt. I know I just got my Fury 735C a week ago and it looks brand new, carry's the same warranty as one of their new rods as well!

9 hours ago, pauldconyers said:

Soft plastics or every Strike King product they carry?

Looks like everything strike king.  I was only looking for 1.5's when I was in store, but online the soft plastics are 25% off too.  

12 hours ago, HenryPF said:

Lol, never would I have thought that I would say this, but: "I got one". Kinda curious what a 40USD reel can deliver and it should be good enough for my "always in the car-combo".

14 minutes ago, freelancer27 said:

Lol, never would I have thought that I would say this, but: "I got one". Kinda curious what a 40USD reel can deliver and it should be good enough for my "always in the car-combo".

I have hear good things about KastKing. Have yet to try one. Let us know how it handles.

12 hours ago, pauldconyers said:

Sportsmen's Outfitters

• Thanks 1

Seriously disappointed  with the eBay sales. We've had one 15% off this entire year!

3 minutes ago, Joshua van Wyk said:

Seriously disappointed  with the eBay sales. We've had one 15% off this entire year!

Are you signed up for Ebay Bucks? Seems like every other week they give 10% back in Ebay bucks.