Jump to content
IndianaFinesse

The latest sale thread

Glenn

Reminder: Do NOT attempt to get around the word filters. We don't like to hand out penalties, but will do so if this occurs. Please don't put us in that position.

Message added by Glenn

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Joshua van Wyk said:

Seriously disappointed  with the eBay sales. We've had one 15% off this entire year!

And that was limited to certain items...not sitewide. I know MANY people are seriously annoyed with how bad eBay's sales have been this year. I know, they want to push their new "eBay Bucks" program but dang, give your customers a choice. Some people would rather just have that 15, 20, 25, 30% off sitewide coupon. They are definitely pi@$ing a lot of people off with this no coupon code B.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brett's_daddy said:

And that was limited to certain items...not sitewide. I know MANY people are seriously annoyed with how bad eBay's sales have been this year. I know, they want to push their new "eBay Bucks" program but dang, give your customers a choice. Some people would rather just have that 15, 20, 25, 30% off sitewide coupon. They are definitely pi@$ing a lot of people off with this no coupon code B.S.

Well, if I was ebay I would choose to do the ebay bucks (only) approach as well. With ebay bucks they require you A) to buy stuff from ebay again and B ) there is a chance that you actually might forget to use them in time.

Of course one can argue that they are loosing business because people buy somewhere else because they do not like the ebay bucks frame work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ebay Bucks are no different than getting a rebate from Menards. They both give you "store credit". And since im always buying from Ebay, I have no problem taking the 10% back in Ebay Bucks. The 15% coupons are few and far between lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, freelancer27 said:

Well, if I was ebay I would choose to do the ebay bucks (only) approach as well. With ebay bucks they require you A) to buy stuff from ebay again and B ) there is a chance that you actually might forget to use them in time.

Of course one can argue that they are loosing business because people buy somewhere else because they do not like the ebay bucks frame work.

Yup, if you try to force people to do something instead of giving them options they tend to resist and take their business elsewhere,  i know i do 😉.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Joshua van Wyk said:

Seriously disappointed  with the eBay sales. We've had one 15% off this entire year!

I think eBay spoiled everyone. Back 10 years ago, I don't think I ever remember 15% off sales. Obviously they did it to create some hype, but it is hard to give people something then take it away. 15% off at a retail store where they control their margins is a whole different story than 15% off at an auction site...

 

Trust me, I want another 15% off sale too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was forgetful and forgot to take advantage of the TW Memorial Day sale. Do they do anything for Father's Day and if not does anyone know when they traditionally do their next sale? Does anyone know if they do price matching? I wouldn't bother some cheap stuff like lures but I'd love to do it with pricier items like rods/reels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pauldconyers said:

I was forgetful and forgot to take advantage of the TW Memorial Day sale. Do they do anything for Father's Day and if not does anyone know when they traditionally do their next sale? Does anyone know if they do price matching? I wouldn't bother some cheap stuff like lures but I'd love to do it with pricier items like rods/reels.

No on the Father's Day Sale.

 

I have a feeling TW is gonna start doing more stuff like having certain items on sale, more often. But not as many sales where there's a % off your entire order. Just a gut feeling. I could be wrong. They didn't have a tax stimulus sale this year like they have in the past.

 

Regarding them price matching, this is from their site- https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/pricematch.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pauldconyers said:

I was forgetful and forgot to take advantage of the TW Memorial Day sale. Do they do anything for Father's Day and if not does anyone know when they traditionally do their next sale? Does anyone know if they do price matching? I wouldn't bother some cheap stuff like lures but I'd love to do it with pricier items like rods/reels.

Next sale should be July 4th, and a good one with 20% off. Load up that wishlist!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

KTP has Shimano SLX combos for $129

KTP also has 20% off orders and free shipping if you put $81+ in the cart. Bought some of the new SK thunder crickets for $8/ bait (they are $14 on tw). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to start coming in this thread less often.  My wallet will thank me (probably my wife too😀).

 

Rick

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Junger said:

Next sale should be July 4th, and a good one with 20% off. Load up that wishlist!

I believe the Tackle Warehouse July 4th sale will be 15%, the only time it is 20% is Black Friday, could be wrong.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kykayak said:

KTP also has 20% off orders and free shipping if you put $81+ in the cart

The 20% off works for megabass!    DAD20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tander said:

I believe the Tackle Warehouse July 4th sale will be 15%, the only time it is 20% is Black Friday, could be wrong.

You're right, I checked my order history from last year and it was 15% off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

KTP has Shimano SLX combos for $129

No left hand models? 

Also, seems the discount is already applied, so we can't stack the DAD20 code?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ryanerb said:

No left hand models? 

Also, seems the discount is already applied, so we can't stack the DAD20 code?

Looks like you can get them in LH (and a bigger selection of rod powers) from Tackle Direct for $159 + 10% off if you're a first time buyer (or a new email address) and possible free shipping if you can stack that code. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Academy has certain colors of booyah toadrunners on sale for $1.98 each (normally 9.99).  I went in store and all the colors thst showed on sale on their website didnt ring up at 1.98 but they price matched it.  Got 8 for me and my buddies for a "savings" of $64.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 2:41 PM, KayakFish107 said:

I just got one too. Mine says 6/19, but at least it’s not canceled. If you happen to want one sooner, ask a local Gander Outdoors to price match it so you can get it earlier. I asked mine and they let me as a one time thing, but said it was much below their cost. And I kept my order with Overtons, so I’ll have an extra for another family member. Worth a shot!

Just got an email from Overton's. My 3 Water big fish 105 kayak has been shipped and will arrive in 2-3 days via drop shipment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BayouBugJigs.com is having 40% off for the rest of the day, I think. code: SUMMER40 - once that expires, I think SUMMER20 is in effect for 20%. 

 

Never used their stuff before, and I wish their website had details on the hooks used, but picked up an assortment of their swim jig and flipping jig in a couple of colors each just to fill the tacklebox up.  With shipping 15 jigs came up to less than $3/ea.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, adrenalnjunky said:

BayouBugJigs.com is having 40% off for the rest of the day, I think. code: SUMMER40 - once that expires, I think SUMMER20 is in effect for 20%. 

 

Never used their stuff before, and I wish their website had details on the hooks used, but picked up an assortment of their swim jig and flipping jig in a couple of colors each just to fill the tacklebox up.  With shipping 15 jigs came up to less than $3/ea.  

Their jigs are pretty nice.  Not much of a bait barb which bothers me a bit but nothin a little glue wont fix. For the price, well worth it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, adrenalnjunky said:

BayouBugJigs.com is having 40% off for the rest of the day, I think. code: SUMMER40 - once that expires, I think SUMMER20 is in effect for 20%. 

 

Never used their stuff before, and I wish their website had details on the hooks used, but picked up an assortment of their swim jig and flipping jig in a couple of colors each just to fill the tacklebox up.  With shipping 15 jigs came up to less than $3/ea.  

Just a heads up I ordered from them a few months ago and it took about 2 months to receive my order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GReb said:

Just a heads up I ordered from them a few months ago and it took about 2 months to receive my order

Yikes.  I'm just across the state from them, so hopefully they're a little quicker.  I did get a notice (after submitting order) that "due to current volume it could be up to 14 days to complete orders.  Apparently they build to order.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GReb said:

Just a heads up I ordered from them a few months ago and it took about 2 months to receive my order

Yeah, I had a similar experience with them! The quality is decent for the price. So, if one can wait it might be worth at a 40% discount. I got mine at a 50% off sale! ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...