IndianaFinesse

The latest sale thread

Glenn

Reminder: Do NOT attempt to get around the word filters. We don't like to hand out penalties, but will do so if this occurs. Please don't put us in that position.

Message added by Glenn

7 minutes ago, adrenalnjunky said:

Would you believe, going to Dicks locally to pick up the Mach 2 deal,and one of my buddies I had told about the deal shows up while I'm parking.  We walk in and there's one of the combos on the shelf.  I let him have it, cause it is in stock online.  I get back to work, log on to the website, and it is no longer in stock, lol.  

Aww man. Good karma will follow you. PB next outing!

https://www.amazon.com/Piscifun-Backpack-Waterproof-Protective-Camouflage/dp/B07C7R9696/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=piscifun%2Bbackpack&psr=PDAY&qid=1563324416&s=prime-day&smid=A1RIL4ISDY2EWZ&sr=1-2&th=1

good lightning deal on a fishing backpack. looks very similar to the wild river one i have. very heavy duty construction and can fit quite a bit. for 60 and change very well worth it.

6 hours ago, adrenalnjunky said:

Would you believe, going to Dicks locally to pick up the Mach 2 deal,and one of my buddies I had told about the deal shows up while I'm parking.  We walk in and there's one of the combos on the shelf.  I let him have it, cause it is in stock online.  I get back to work, log on to the website, and it is no longer in stock, lol.  

You know what they say. Nice guys finish last. 

Academy has 10 dollars off of 50 and 20 dollars off of 100.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:54 AM, adrenalnjunky said:

None of my local Dick’s had this combo in stock, so what I ended up doing was going to a Sportsman’s Warehouse that had the combo and had them price match it lol.

Traveling for work, I stopped in to the DSG in N. Little Rock. In the BASEBALL section, they had a clearance rack of Berkley Powerbaits and Max Scents. Buy 5 - get 5 free. $28.00 for 10 bags of Max Scents!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, OG Crankster said:

Academy has 10 dollars off of 50 and 20 dollars off of 100.

What a weird sale. So it's 20% off if you buy a minimum of $50, and 20% off if you buy $100, but less than 20% if you buy between $50 and $100. Like only 10% off if you buy $99.

Offer valid 7/17-7/27; on select in-store and online purchases. ONLINE: Use SPENDANDSAVE at checkout.  IN-STORE: present coupon at checkout.  BOTH: Excludes Nike, Under Armour, Adidas Tiro pants, Reebok, Carhartt, Serius, Drake Waterfowl, The North Face, Yeti, Fitbit, Columbia, Levi's, Sig Sauer, Bushnell, Garmin, Nikon, Selkirk, Callaway, Titleist, TaylorMade, Exxel Outdoors LLC, Benchmade, Leatherman, Weber, Maui Jim, Traeger.  Minimum purchase is pre-tax. Cannot be combined with other offers, discounts, or coupons. Not valid on licenses, gift cards, sales tax, shipping & handling, exchanges, store credit, previous purchases, deer corn, or for the online purchase of ammo. Limit one coupon per customer, per purchase, per day. If you return a portion of your purchase, a portion of the discount will be lost. No cash value, no cash back. Void if altered, reproduced, transferred, auctioned or sold, and where prohibited. Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. Selection, prices, offers, and exclusions may vary online and by store. Academy Sports + Outdoors reserves the right to change, alter, or terminate this promotion at its sole discretion.

1 hour ago, fin said:

What a weird sale. So it's 20% off if you buy a minimum of $50, and 20% off if you buy $100, but less than 20% if you buy between $50 and $100. Like only 10% off if you buy $99.

Isn't that kind of the incentive?  Spend more to maximize your savings.  $99.99 item - Buy a $.99 pack of split rings and call it good.  

Got an email from Ebay that started with 20% off......clothes, shoes, accessories....very hurtful Ebay, very hurtful.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Junger said:

Got an email from Ebay that started with 20% off......clothes, shoes, accessories....very hurtful Ebay, very hurtful.

I even checked the vendor list, there's only 2 stores included.  Weaksauce.

8 minutes ago, adrenalnjunky said:

I even checked the vendor list, there's only 2 stores included.  Weaksauce.

eBay has been a ginormous disappointment this year :sad-012:. Last year it seems every quarter at least they had a 15 - 20% off sitewide...pretty much lame crap like you just described has been the rule this year...complete bummer, has forced me to look elsewhere for my purchases for the most part!

Welp, Dick's craptastic packing and shipping strikes again. Managed to get this one into 3 pieces for a change. 3rd time they've totaled a rod for me.  Probably last time I order one from them unless it has a ship-to-store option.  

Was looking forward to doing some deep cranking this summer with this too.  

box1.thumb.jpg.d46e50791974f2b8a75c284241214553.jpgbox2.jpg.2f8dcb1cd1210279913a9979bfae74e9.jpg

• Sad 4

16 minutes ago, adrenalnjunky said:

Welp, Dick's craptastic packing and shipping strikes again. Managed to get this one into 3 pieces for a change. 3rd time they've totaled a rod for me.  Probably last time I order one from them unless it has a ship-to-store option.  

box1.thumb.jpg.d46e50791974f2b8a75c284241214553.jpgbox2.jpg.2f8dcb1cd1210279913a9979bfae74e9.jpg

I know where I WON'T be buying rods from....

4 hours ago, adrenalnjunky said:

Isn't that kind of the incentive?  Spend more to maximize your savings.  $99.99 item - Buy a $.99 pack of split rings and call it good.  

There's no incentive to buy more than $100 though. Spend $200 and you're back down to 10%. Unless you can split up your purchase, like 2 $100 rods when you buy on two separate days.

41 minutes ago, adrenalnjunky said:

Welp, Dick's craptastic packing and shipping strikes again.

You'd think they'd learn... eventually. I consider myself very lucky to have gotten a rod from them well packaged.

13 minutes ago, fin said:

There's no incentive to buy more than $100 though. Spend $200 and you're back down to 10%. Unless you can split up your purchase, like 2 $100 rods when you buy on two separate days.

You'd think they'd learn... eventually. I consider myself very lucky to have gotten a rod from them well packaged.

I think it just depends on where the rod comes from.  Items that have the "buy online, pickup @ store" option are either a) in stock at your store, or b) come from a distributor to the store.  

Other orders, like this one, have to be fulfilled by a store that had that product on the shelf, and got selected to pull it and ship it to me.  Hence no OEM packaging, no bubble wrap on the rod, not even the plastic sleeve most rods are shipped from the manufacturer with.  Just grab it and slap it in a random box.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, adrenalnjunky said:

If this happened to me a second time the fault would be on me for ordering from them a 3rd time...

2 hours ago, Tizi said:

I know where I WON'T be buying rods from....

Same thing happened to me. Will never order a rod from them again.

I've been lucky with the few rods I've had shipped from Dick's. They all made it ok but man is there method of shipping rods sketchy. I cringe every time I open one from them. The Falcon Lowrider I got last week didn't even have any packing of any kind. Just a rod loose in that same flimsy box like the pics above.

I've bought most of my new rods through Amazon, but I make sure that the fulfiller is a reputable company. The one's that are fulfilled by Evike are in thick tubes with bubble-wrap around the entire rod.

I know there’s a lot of hate for TW lately, but the two rods I purchased were in a very solid tube and had a plastic sleeve on the rod and bubble rap on both ends. Saved both tubes in case I ever need to send a rod back. Wouldn’t hesitate to order from again. 

Cabelas was in between, sleeve and bubble wrap on the rod, but a standard rectangle box that thankfully wasn’t damaged by the shipping company. 

Those lengthy, twisty conveyor belts are hard on long packages and jam up sometimes. The rods should be marked for hand sorting or something.

I'm waiting on a nice rod to be delivered from a reputable tackle shop and I'm still concerned that the shipper will mess it up somehow.

I know, we should stop ordering rods and just order fish.

spacer.png