aceman387

Z-man TRD on a drop shot.

I think I found a new favorite drop shot bait. After the morning bite died off I struggled to get a bite for the next hour.In a desperate move I put on a green pumpkin TRD stub and caught a bass on the first cast.I went on to catch another four within the next half hour. It never popped in my head to try one of these things on a drop shot. On a whim I started using the TRD for a bitsy bug jig trailer and I've had great luck with that as well.I love these things.

I came across some ZMan Hula StickZ in green pumpkin and cut them down an inch to make a TRD with tentacles.  Works great Ned rigged and I like it drop shot as well.  I may not be allowed into the finesse play by the rules party, but at least I'm catching fish and having fun.  

As a side note, these things are nearly impossible to rip apart.  Sometimes when I miss my bipolar ex wife, I will hold a ZMan bait in one hand and a Senko in the other.  Reminds me of her mood swings. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Onvacation said:

I came across some ZMan Hula StickZ in green pumpkin and cut them down an inch to make a TRD with tentacles.  Works great Ned rigged and I like it drop shot as well.  I may not be allowed into the finesse play by the rules party, but at least I'm catching fish and having fun.  

As a side note, these things are nearly impossible to rip apart.  Sometimes when I miss my bipolar ex wife, I will hold a ZMan bait in one hand and a Senko in the other.  Reminds me of her mood swings. 

According to Ned Kehde, the guy the Ned rig was named after, before the TRD was the bait of choice for the Ned Rig, the Hula Stick was one of the plastics that was a popular choice for the Ned Rig.

The hula stick - finesse shadz - finesse worm z - 1/2 zinkerz - TRD - scented leechz - and others are all fished on mushroom heads in what is called midwest finesse or the ned rig - and I'm sure each of them is also a deadly drop shot lure -

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott F said:

According to Ned Kehde, the guy the Ned rig was named after, before the TRD was the bait of choice for the Ned Rig, the Hula Stick was one of the plastics that was a popular choice for the Ned Rig.

Awesome. I've got a sort of back to the future thing going on then.  

75 bass this week, and still going strong. Can't beat that Elaztech!

20160603_152659.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/3/2016 at 6:04 PM, Scott F said:

It still is a very popular bait for the Ned rig, at least in Ned's boat. He almost always has one rigged up anytime I run into him on the water.

On 6/4/2016 at 10:15 PM, etrout72 said:

75 bass this week, and still going strong. Can't beat that Elaztech!

20160603_152659.jpg

caught 27 largemouth on it yesterday... Plus the last 2 weekends the Smallmouth have murdered it... Awesome start to the fishing season for me.. Thanks to the ned rig...

• Like 1

On 6/3/2016 at 5:56 PM, Onvacation said:

I would imagine that there's a pretty good chance she doesn't read this forum :shhhhh:

• Like 1