Dennis1972

WTB: 1/16oz Pony Head Jig Heads

any one making 1/16 oz pony head jig heads (like picture below)? i would like to buy some...20 to 50 or so depending on price. Thanks 

pony.png

Just an FYI but these jigs are patented, and assembled copies cannot be legally sold on the market. Bass Pro used to sell them really cheap and they had to pull them off the market. What I would do is look for someone to sell you the heads, and then you can assemble the split ring and the blade yourself.

all of the pony head molds i have seen (mostly Do-It brand) are a little different than actual blakemore roadrunner heads, so i do not think its infringement,  any way... i just ordered a 12 pack from BPS, it just kills me to pay almost $1 per head..... total rip-off on blakemores part. also BPS does still sell their version (50 cents a head) and i have some but do not like them as well.

Just some more info for you, but if you look on Do-It's website, they have a disclaimer about selling these jig heads from their molds. The easiest and cheapest solution is to buy the Do-It mold, and pour your own, then you will have no issues. Whether you, I or anyone else agree or disagree with Blakemore is irrelevant.  You can make your own without any problems.

For a hook, some lead, a paint job, split ring and blade; plus labor to get it all done; less than a buck each sounds pretty cheap to me.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2016 at 8:06 AM, cadman said:

Just some more info for you, but if you look on Do-It's website, they have a disclaimer about selling these jig heads from their molds. The easiest and cheapest solution is to buy the Do-It mold, and pour your own, then you will have no issues. Whether you, I or anyone else agree or disagree with Blakemore is irrelevant.  You can make your own without any problems.

images.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, .ghoti. said:

For a hook, some lead, a paint job, split ring and blade; plus labor to get it all done; less than a buck each sounds pretty cheap to me.

really??? i buy regular painted jig heads for 16 cents each (25 heads for $3.96), so paying 85 cents for a single tiny blade is NOT a good deal. seems to me like blakemoore  is just a REAL greedy manufacturer. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Luck-E-Strike-Jig-Head-1-16-oz-25-Pack-Black/35191694

I bought some jig heads for under .50/ea once.  Once.  I'll sell you whatever I have left.  Cheap.  Worst terminal purchase I ever made.  I can still tell you exactly what dock and what time of day I had a hook straightened.....she was a beautiful fish...sigh

1 hour ago, Choporoz said:

I bought some jig heads for under .50/ea once.  Once.  I'll sell you whatever I have left.  Cheap.  Worst terminal purchase I ever made.  I can still tell you exactly what dock and what time of day I had a hook straightened.....she was a beautiful fish...sigh

Happened to my buddy numerous times in one day..believe me...lesson learned for him..

wow, thats funny. i read that blakemore charges more because they test and design their hooks so they will straighten and they claim you will get you're lure back and just have to bend the hook back to shape. all other companies offer hooks that will bend at no extra charge...lol.