nameiztaken

WTB Casting Reel

My lews finally went out on me and its time for a new reel. 

Looking for a all purpose, 6.3:1 to 7.4:1 reel, under $100. Needs to be somewhat smooth and fully working.

Also, please price it fairly for the condition and value. Thanks

Edit: RH or LH, I'm open to both. 

2 minutes ago, kickerfish1 said:

LH or RH may help your cause...

Ah forgot, either is fine. I'm ambi :P

I have a Lews LFS 6:3:1 that's in excellent condition (no marks) and includes box + papers. Would you be interested?

I've got an Ardent Apex Elite, left hand, 6.5:1. It's only 5.9oz and has a profile similar to your Lews, so it'll feel the same in your hand. I'd go $80 shipped. They retail for $150.

image.jpg

I have a 3rd gen Abu Garcia Revo SX for sale. $100 TYD. It's in like-new condition. 9+/10 condition. It's a 6.4:1 RH retrieve.

On 6/21/2016 at 9:57 PM, PennBass said:

I have a Lews LFS 6:3:1 that's in excellent condition (no marks) and includes box + papers. Would you be interested? -------- What's the price?

Just now, nameiztaken said:
On 6/21/2016 at 9:57 PM, PennBass said:

I have a Lews LFS 6:3:1 that's in excellent condition (no marks) and includes box + papers. Would you be interested?

What's the price?

Think I may have got a NIB Tatula for $70, if the deal falls thru I may purchase one of these reels.

Deal fell through, looking for a reel still.

5 hours ago, nameiztaken said:

Deal fell through, looking for a reel still.

I've got several Ardent Apex Elites, left hand, 6.5:1. It's only 5.9oz and has a profile similar to your Lews, so it'll feel the same in your hand. I'd go $80 shipped. They retail for $150.

19 minutes ago, Megastink said:

I've got several Ardent Apex Elites, left hand, 6.5:1. It's only 5.9oz and has a profile similar to your Lews, so it'll feel the same in your hand. I'd go $80 shipped. They retail for $150.

I kinda want to stick with name-brand stuff like Daiwa, Shimano and Lews. Thanks though

17 hours ago, nameiztaken said:

I kinda want to stick with name-brand stuff like Daiwa, Shimano and Lews. Thanks though

Ardent isn't a name brand???

35 minutes ago, Megastink said:

Ardent isn't a name brand???

I guess he meant well known / popular name brands. Ardent isnt one of the top 5 in the popularity contest although that doesn't mean it isn't a quality name brand. 

6 hours ago, S. Sass said:

I guess he meant well known / popular name brands. Ardent isnt one of the top 5 in the popularity contest although that doesn't mean it isn't a quality name brand. 

I mainly want to stick to brands I have at least some experience with, I don't like going in the dark on new (to me) brands. sorry if I came off rude :P

• Like 1

Just bought a citica. Thanks for the offers everyone! And if I need any more reels soon I'll be sure to consider these ones first!

I can get a brand new in box Okuma LH Krios Baitcasting reel which is a model from last year I believe, the warranty card is in the box, I have one of these reels and almost all the Okuma reels and it is nice.

I pay $75 and would be willing to sell it to you for $85 including Free shipping priority since I stop by 2-3 times a week. I may  be able to get a LH Okuma Citrix as well for same price NIB. Citrix is the 7/1 version, 100 standard size reel, I actually like the Krios better myself only because it feels smoother to me, and I like a white reel. 

If this price works for you, let me know and I will get you the info on specs. Both reels retailed for over $100 and you may be able to get the same pricing on Ebay but I have not checked. I don't like selling my used reels as I am afraid they would brake right after sending.

One great deal available online on Ebay is the Discontinued Okuma Serrano which was their top end Saltwater/Fresh model that was discontinued last year. I actually paid $250 for one when it came out and picked up 2 more last year on Ebay for about $80....It is a really nice reel, 6:3:1 and the seller that has them is very reputable and Huge. I work my reels hard and if you can stand the green color, I truly prefer it over any other reel as it is a work horse and can do everything..Drag power, Light, 3 year warranty etc...I have seen some going out for $60 if lucky, it kills me as I want to keep buying more but I can't use anymore reels.

I hope that helps. Not trying to undercut anyone but I wanted to let you know of a deal that maybe others can take advantage of. Okuma has the best customer service I have experienced, they sent me a free spool and sideplate without questions asked, send bearings when I lose them, and I have not killed one reel in 5 years.