Sign in to follow this  
Jon G

Evergreen Jack Hammer Bladed Jig

For the last few B.A.S.S events I've seen/heard of Brett Hite using his new signature bladed jig from Evergreen called the Jack Hammer. I really want to try a few out but can't seem to find them on any of the JDM sites so I was wondering if any of you have found them for sale anywhere.

I haven't seen them either. Wonder if the Z-Man lawsuits will make them JDM only. Maybe we'll find out at iCast.

Call Carolina Fishing Tackle - if anyone in the US can source them, it will be them.

I think the threat of zman is keeping them away. Ive looked for them for a few months now.

I'm guessing they are not available yet. TW sells bladed jigs from fourteen different companies including the infamous Z-Man.

I doubt we'll see them here in the US due to the ZMan patent issue.  Same reason we don't get the Jackall Break Blades or any others.  I believe ZMan's patent is related to the blade being attached directly to the hook eye, which is why all other brands in the US use a split ring or some other non-direct attachment.  Based on pictures I've seen, the Jackhammer blade is directly attached...So unless they come out with a different version for the US market I doubt we'll see them over here.  

I've been keeping an eye out on the normal JDM sites for the Jackhammers and haven't seen anything.  I've been very impressed with the newer ZMan Customs anyway so getting the JDM ones would really be more of a novelty for me.  

The Evergreen Jackhammer Bladed Jig won't be sold in U.S. stores due to the patent issues w/Zman that others have mentioned.

They will be for sale via Japanese tackle sites (and likely ebay).  The jigs aren't out yet.  I've scoured the usual Japanese sites and the jig isn't being sold yet.

Yeah thats why I have been looking on JLS and a lot other JDM sites because I know there was no way they would be sold in the U.S. Currently I've been using the Picasso Shockblades and have been more than happy. However, I did want to try the Jackhammers because they look really good from the pictures I have seen