deaknh03

How to remove a hook or two

He needs sharper hooks! Maybe more practice at what he's trying to teach too. 

• Like 1

I read the title wrong and it reminded me of my bachelor party. As far as the video itself, a great tutorial on how not to do things 

• Like 2

He makes it look so hard to get the hook into his skin.  The two times I've had this experience it seemed much easier :D.  Although there was a lot more swearing and squirming around when I unfortunately had the opportunity.  Luckily both times for me it was just through the skin and not into the meat. I was able to pinch the barb and back them out. 

He may not be a great teacher, but he is one tough hombre! I can tell you from experience, it is not as easy to push a hook back through to cut the barb off as you would think. Skin is tough. Now I have to go take a Percocet. My arm hurts after watching the video.

Agreed.

I caught a treble in the ring finger the other day and I couldn't make myself punch it through. The mistake he made with the string method was that you need to tie another string through the hook eye in order to hold it down. I've used that method twice and it worked like a charm.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tracker22 said:

Agreed.

The mistake he made with the string method was that you need to tie another string through the hook eye in order to hold it down. I've used that method twice and it worked like a charm.

I'm not too impressed either. "As far as the video itself, a great tutorial on how not to do things."  

That guy's a nut. In my case, step one is a nice injection of 2% lidocaine. Then you push it through or pull it back, whichever is closer -- painlessly.

Here's an idea. While at my kids last doctors appointment they needed to get shots. The doctor used a can of spray on the injection sight that basically made the skin very cold, thus numbing the area. Maybe there's a new product for the first aid kit. I know I wish I'd had something like that when I removed my last error.