I know the feeling buddy. I was about to head out 15 minutes ago and the sky opened up and let go with a rain storm that dropped about 3 inches of rain in 5 minutes. Now the wind has picked up and the waves on the lake are rolling. Well, there is always tomorrow. 

• Like 1

yall can send some of that rain down this way!

( i know how you feel tho ) 

12 minutes ago, lo n slo said:

yall can send some of that rain down this way!

( i know how you feel tho ) 

I'll bring it with me sometime around winter...:lol:

• Like 1

No rain gear??

I love fishing in the rain. I had lots to do yesterday morning, but it was cloudy and raining off and on so I couldn't help but go fishing. 

• Like 2

When I lived in Oregon they complained about the rain...then in summer they complained about the sun.....was actually kind of funny.  Not nearly so much complaining here in Tenn...although they don't like snow much.  Rain in summer is usually good fishin.

I don't mind fishing in the rain, but when the wind picks up it is time to come back to the boat ramp.

Fish don't mind getting wet. ;)

• Like 1

Looks like it was a good day to go. Fishing in the rain can be quite enjoyable. 

When it gets like that around here we get lots of lightning. I go home and read the B.R.forums till it clears up.

• Like 1

I love fishing in the rain but you won't see me out if there's any lightning.

It's been in the upper 90s for the past week here, I'd take rain over that!

6 hours ago, Catt said:

Truer words have never been spoken.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

No rain gear??

I love fishing in the rain. I had lots to do yesterday morning, but it was cloudy and raining off and on so I couldn't help but go fishing. 

The rain gear would have been useless.  The big problems were the lightning, 40mph winds, and tornado warnings.  As soon as those passed, I was back out on the water.  And being out in the rain, itself, wasn't all that terrible since it's been in the mid 90s and crazy humid all week.  

@Gundog I picked a rough day to fish Harvey's Lake for the first time in 10 years, lol. I absolutely could not get a pattern figured out for the life of me.  I was out for around 3.5 hours and lost one fish jigging the weeds.  That was it.  It was one of those especially painful days when you see fish where you expect them to be, but can't get anything to bite worth a d**n. 

• Like 1

Too bad about the fishing trip.The middle of summer is not a good time to fish Harveys. Bass are spooked because of all the boat traffic from the jet skiers and pleasure boaters. I've always tried to find deep weeds, sometimes just small patches of weeds that may hold a fish or two. Drag a 7 inch Power Worm or jig through them. Docks are another good pattern but only if they are near deeper water and no one is partying on them. Some of those New Jersey idiots can get downright mean when I'm fishing around their docks. I like throwing senkos as far underneath docks as I can. Hope you get another day to fish Harveys and I hope it ends better.

• Like 1

I've ran more than one boat up on the bank & got out!

#1 is safety ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Catt said:

I always told my dad, whose was a firm believer in not fishing in the rain, the fish can handle a little rain, they aren't going to get any wetter...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gundog said:

Too bad about the fishing trip.The middle of summer is not a good time to fish Harveys. Bass are spooked because of all the boat traffic from the jet skiers and pleasure boaters. I've always tried to find deep weeds, sometimes just small patches of weeds that may hold a fish or two. Drag a 7 inch Power Worm or jig through them. Docks are another good pattern but only if they are near deeper water and no one is partying on them. Some of those New Jersey idiots can get downright mean when I'm fishing around their docks. I like throwing senkos as far underneath docks as I can. Hope you get another day to fish Harveys and I hope it ends better.

That was the most frustrating part.  I pretty much had the lake to myself thanks to the storm.  That was pretty much the strategy - deep weed edge between 14-20' with C-rigged Zoom Trick worms, T-rigged 7" curl tail worms, and 3/4 oz craw/jigs.  It was a rough afternoon, but a cool learning experience.  Those weeds are THICK. 

• Like 1

The fishing gods are so cruel sometimes. I got out at 5:30am and the action on the water was great. I hooked up and lost a nice fish and then 15 minutes later the bottom drops out. Its feels like its teasing me.

outside_view_of_a_man_looking_out_a_windprint screen  How I feel right now.

• Like 2

Got up at 5am this morning, check weather forecast, no rain until 11am, get to lake which is only five minutes away. As soon as I got out of the truck, it started raining. Never trust the weather forecast, which I have been knowing this for some time.

• Like 1

I like to fish in some light to moderate rain, but when it's pouring out idk how anyone could fish that. 

• Like 1

I went out, yesterday.  100 degrees, very little breeze, water temp 91.  Caught 3 dinks.  Had to get off the water because of the heat.  Would love some rain.

1 hour ago, tander said:

Got up at 5am this morning, check weather forecast, no rain until 11am, get to lake which is only five minutes away. As soon as I got out of the truck, it started raining. Never trust the weather forecast, which I have been knowing this for some time.

Well, rain quit. Went back to the lake and caught 2, bottom fell out. Back home again. It will be better days.

Around here in the summer if its sunny and nice there's so much recreational riff raff sometimes I can't tolerate it so I actually target days when there's rain and t-storms in the forecast so there's no recreational traffic out there.