buzzed bait

Swept handle for non swept reels?

Is it possible to put a swept handle on a reel that didn't come with one without also having to get a new/different drag star?  as in a curado 51e or a curado 101b specifically.  can i put another shimano handle on them say from a ci4+ or a curado 200i or a metanium xg for instance?

thanks!

16 minutes ago, byram bassturd said:

You would have to get something like this.

http://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/1651

Yeah that's more than I wanted to spend for sure. I didn't think I could do it, but figured I'd ask anyways!

1 hour ago, buzzed bait said:

Is it possible to put a swept handle on a reel that didn't come with one without also having to get a new/different drag star?  as in a curado 51e or a curado 101b specifically.  can i put another shimano handle on them say from a ci4+ or a curado 200i or a metanium xg for instance?

thanks!

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=36484&hilit=Shimano+Swept+Handle

• Like 1

Generally you need a swept star to be able accept a swept handle and vice versa.

Hawgtech offers a swept handle but it is 102mm which is pretty long especially for a 50 sized reel although I do run one on mine. It fits fine with the stock star even though the handle is swept and star is not. Probably similar to the HH Studios handle mentioned above. With fitment questions like this it may boil down to a case by case basis.

• Like 1