Matt Duprau

Bay Of Quinte Largemouth Report

Catching bass in the summertime can be a struggle, especially fishing a new lake or body of water. For me, I am fortunate enough to live close to both the Bay Of Quinte & Lake Ontario. These bodies of water produce BIG bass but in such a large body of water, where do you start? For the past two weeks, the surface temperature on the Bay has been hovering around 80F. My primary focus has been finding ledges, under water points and offshore structure to target bass. Many bass that have came into the boat have been caught in 10-15ft of water early morning/late afternoon. Dragging a carolina rigged ribbon day along bottom, stroking football jigs & drop shotting a Zoom Trick worm on a offset hook has been the ticket. Around mid day I transition to lilly pads in about 5-6ft of water and frog fish. The big bite has came in the evenings, just before sundown the bass feed and boy oh boy, they feed like crazy! On my last trip to the lake we came across a reed bed in about 4-5ft of water on a shoal surrounded by deeper water. In 15 minutes of pitching big jigs & texas rigs we had managed over 5 bass, three of which weighing just over 5lbs, 4lbs 11oz & 3lbs 8oz. Get out there, figure the fish out and don't give up! The dog days of summer can pay off. Remember, fall is right around the corner!

Tight lines,

Matt Duprau

Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 3.30.25 PM.png

• Like 3

Good looking fish there.  

Nice fish, great pic!

:love4: