detroithiker

My Mystery Tackle box this month

This is the aug box hope you like it.

I was very happy the box this month.

1.Strike pro gill raker

2. Strike King Rage Toad, 

Names are posted just beneath each picture. 

Had to post the rest of the pictures below

20160808_200906.jpg

Strike pro gill raker

20160808_201353.jpg

This is the Strike King Rage Toad, 

Pics don't work for me?

1 hour ago, detroithiker said:

This is the aug box hope you it.

No pic for me either - but what I want to know...how do you guys get your boxes so fast??????  I just got the shipping notification last night...then they ship it DHL...then DHL drops it at our post office...now I won't see the d**n thing for another week and a half.  

I tried the rage toad today at dusk and got a very big strike, and of course I missed the hook set, but to be honest and fair to the bait I should have rigged it with more exposed hook, I tried to keep the hook flush to prevent snagging, I no longer think snagging is an issue and rig it with far more hook sticking out the top.

I really like this bait, the swimming action is great, I do wish the legs would kick at a slower speed, it seemed too fast for fish to sneak up on, Its a sinking bait and this stops the user from pausing during the retrieve.

I've been wondering which is better, the Rage Toad or the Incredi Frog. Guess I've got the toad and now will have to get the Incredi Frog to compare.

12 hours ago, detroithiker said:

I tried the rage toad today at dusk and got a very big strike, and of course I missed the hook set, but to be honest and fair to the bait I should have rigged it with more exposed hook, I tried to keep the hook flush to prevent snagging, I no longer think snagging is and issue and rig it with far more hook sticking out the top.

I really like this bait, the swimming action is great, I do wish the legs would kick at a slower speed, it seemed too fast for fish to sneak up on, Its a sinking bait and this stops the user from pausing during the retrieve.

What hook are you using? I recommend a 5/0 Owner Twistlock (or something similar).

On 8/11/2016 at 7:36 AM, Brett's_daddy said:

I've been wondering which is better, the Rage Toad or the Incredi Frog. Guess I've got the toad and now will have to get the Incredi Frog to compare.

please let me know which one works better

21 hours ago, MysteryTackleBox said:

What hook are you using? I recommend a 5/0 Owner Twistlock (or something similar).

Thanks for the help, I try real hard to look up each item I get in the MTB but so far I have not been able to find the info a new fisherman needs to use new gear.

My guess is the MTB figures most subscribers are experienced fishermen, I can see how they would make such an assumption.

Not sure the of the hook size, I have a lot of them, but the one I am using is a wade gap and reaching the groove that was molded for the hook and looks like its sticking out very nice so I am guessing its the right size.

• Like 1

Do the boxes vary by area? I had to check my email to even see if mine was delivered this month. If I forgot even getting it, I'm Pretty sure that means I wasn't nearly as impressed with mine as yours.  

I was very pleased with the box this month. I took the gill raker out yesterday and caught a 3lber. The other stuff was stuff I actually wanted.

My box showed up yesterday, the Rage Toad is a KILLER!! :wink3:

• Like 1

Yeah I am very happy with my contents this month for sure.

14 hours ago, Onvacation said:

Do the boxes vary by area? I had to check my email to even see if mine was delivered this month. If I forgot even getting it, I'm Pretty sure that means I wasn't nearly as impressed with mine as yours.  

I would like to know this as well, I wonder if they just very in general, they print a card for each box so I would say they are all the same.

I cut and pasted this right from MTB FAQ.

Why did my friend get a different box than I received?

We do send out several different box varieties each month, so not everyone will receive the same thing. You can see several videos posted on our YouTube channel that offer a look into the variety of products that are sent out: MTB on YouTube - Click Here! And, just because you didn't receive a product you wanted this month doesn't mean you won't get that box or product in a future month. We send out several different boxes each month so the surprise isn't ruined for some people when they see what other subscribers received before they get their own box. Our customers love sharing their boxes on social media and multiple boxes allow for more surprises. And, some very cool bait companies can't produce the amount of baits we need to fulfill all of our orders so multiple box varieties allow us to work with lots of exciting companies that you would not otherwise get to see!

This answers the question

Good research detroithiker and for the record, I have not received this months box.  Shipping seems to be at a crawl.

Last months was a bit of a disappointment to me and unfortunately, it was also the month the changed their upgrade policy. Since I was out of town, I didn't see the upgrade in time so I got the standard box.  I'm taking a break from MTB after this months box. Right or wrong, I was irritated by the changes and what I felt was a marginal box. Still hope this months box has some of the items you guys have shared though.  

Man I really gotta get in on this mtb I've been wanting too since I found out about it. Would probably save me a lot of money instead of me buying random stuff to try out 

22 minutes ago, Onvacation said:

Good research detroithiker and for the record, I have not received this months box.  Shipping seems to be at a crawl.

Last months was a bit of a disappointment to me and unfortunately, it was also the month the changed their upgrade policy. Since I was out of town, I didn't see the upgrade in time so I got the standard box.  I'm taking a break from MTB after this months box. Right or wrong, I was irritated by the changes and what I felt was a marginal box. Still hope this months box has some of the items you guys have shared though.  

I also do not like their new upgrade policy at all and I sent them a complaint about it last month...told them I thought they were making a mistake, and that they were likely to hear a lot of complaints about it from existing subscribers who will miss the flexibility of being able to determine month to month whether to upgrade. It's ultimately a minor thing, but it will force me into shorter-term subscription upon renewal, despite being a long-time subscriber.

10 hours ago, iiTzChunky said:

Man I really gotta get in on this mtb I've been wanting too since I found out about it. Would probably save me a lot of money instead of me buying random stuff to try out 

I think its great, I would definitely give it a try, I just wish there was more direction included for new fishermen.

8 hours ago, detroithiker said:

I think its great, I would definitely give it a try, I just wish there was more direction included for new fishermen.

That would help me a lot since I pretty much have no clue how to fish anything but soft plastic worms and buzz baits :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, iiTzChunky said:

That would help me a lot since I pretty much have no clue how to fish anything but soft plastic worms and buzz baits :rolleyes:

Wow! I thought I was the only one, I just started my quest to learn other baits as well, I was almost the same, I could only use worms and inline spinners, I have made a huge effort to learn others and would still say I am only good with the 2 mentioned so far, but I got pretty good with jigging tube baits, I try real hard to stick with something new so I can learn but I always give up do to a lack of knowledge.

1 hour ago, iiTzChunky said:

Something I would suggest is using Google, YouTube, these forums and the numerous other forums and websites.

Honestly at this stage in the game there is probably not a bait out there that there isn't some documentation or a video on ways to present/fish them. That being said there is no exact rules for fishing. What may work for your best friend may not be for you. Have to experiment some. 

If you like certain instructions you find on the web print them out and slip in your tackle so you don't have to remember everything.

I just feel MTB and LTB would have to write a novel considering the numerous baits they put out there. And it would just be duplicating the same info all over the web. 

I'm not up on MTB (I stopped using MTB awhile ago) but LTB does have  short beginners tips in the box and I believe YouTube video on each of the lures offered on their website. 

MTB has really helped me get out of my comfort zone. Fishing the same old lures. In the process I've found some really productive lures. Unfortunately it also helped fill up my junk lure box too.