Dane Morris

Best Time for Tackle Warehouse Purchase

Hey guys, I have a bunch of stuff I need to get from Tackle Warehouse. I know Tackle Warehouse has 2 big sales including the Black Friday sale and the 25 Days of Christmas. I was wondering which has the better deals and when it would be cheapest to buy.

Thanks so much,

Dane

Tight Lines!

Buy a gift card at 10% off then use it at the next sale.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dane Morris said:

Hey guys, I have a bunch of stuff I need to get from Tackle Warehouse. I know Tackle Warehouse has 2 big sales including the Black Friday sale and the 25 Days of Christmas. I was wondering which has the better deals and when it would be cheapest to buy.

Thanks so much,

Dane

Tight Lines!

Black friday is usually 20% off.

25 days of christmas has specific things each day at different discounts, and I think that's when you can get a gift card 10% off.

Memorial day and labor day are 15% off

THere's also 4th of july and tax stimulus sale in april, but I forget what the discounts are (10% off?)

There is also the fish hound code for $5 off a total order; It used to be FHABAQ214, but might have changed? Maybe somebody will chime in on the current code.

Outside of sales on specific items, the optimum Tackle Warehouse strategy is:

1. buy a gift card at 10% off in december

2. Wait 11 months until the next black friday for 20% off

3. Group your purchase into sets of items totaling least $55 per set, but as close to 55 each as possible, then make multiple purchases and use the fishhound code for $5 off each set. Get free shipping for each final purchase being $50 or more.

In theory, it should net you 30-40% off, depending on whether you can group your items in sets worth at least $55, but not over. In practice, I've never had the willpower to make a gift card last longer than the memorial day sale.

• Like 3

I've done pretty well by buying gift cards on memorial day, 4th of july, labor day, black friday, and Christmas sales and then spending them on black Friday and christmas. A few years ago I bought 2 shimano Clarus casting rods and a Powell diesel spinning rod during the 25 days of Christmas sale using gift cards I bought at 10% off. The rods were all on sale for about 50 each and each came with a 25 gift card also. Basically I spent 60 bucks on all three rods shipped!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, timsford said:

I've done pretty well by buying gift cards on memorial day, 4th of july, labor day, black friday, and Christmas sales and then spending them on black Friday and christmas. A few years ago I bought 2 shimano Clarus casting rods and a Powell diesel spinning rod during the 25 days of Christmas sale using gift cards I bought at 10% off. The rods were all on sale for about 50 each and each came with a 25 gift card also. Basically I spent 60 bucks on all three rods shipped!

I've tried to it a gift card while the sale are going in and the 10% isn't applied to gift cards. Did this only work in the past?

When I did it they had gift cards on sale for 10% off. They usually do it during the holidays but that may have changed. I did buy a couple hundred dollars worth during the Christmas sale last year and then saved them til memorial day

1 hour ago, MIbassyaker said:

25 days of christmas has specific things each day at different discounts, and I think that's when you can get a gift card 10% off.

THere's also 4th of july and tax stimulus sale in april, but I forget what the discounts are (10% off?)

There is also the fish hound code for $5 off a total order; It used to be FHABAQ214, but might have changed? Maybe somebody will chime in on the current code.

3. Group your purchase into sets of items totaling least $55 per set, but as close to 55 each as possible, then make multiple purchases and use the fishhound code for $5 off each set. Get free shipping for each final purchase being $50 or more.

In theory, it should net you 30-40% off, depending on whether you can group your items in sets worth at least $55, but not over. In practice, I've never had the willpower to make a gift card last longer than the memorial day sale.

THIS x 10000000, you will save a lot doing it this way

Although if I recall correctly you cannot use the fishhound discount during their sales, but I forget. There was one time I was not able to use it for some reason. 

2 hours ago, MIbassyaker said:

I just ordered a couple weeks ago, and it took the FHABAQ214 code. 

29 minutes ago, MassYak85 said:

Although if I recall correctly you cannot use the fishhound discount during their sales, but I forget. There was one time I was not able to use it for some reason. 

You are correct, TW did not let me use the $5 off code during the memorial day sale either.

Hmmm. I had no problem using the same fishhound code for the most recent memorial day sale.  Although I have heard people say occasionally the code won't work, and I wonder if there is some rule about how often you can use it per account.

4 hours ago, Dane Morris said:

Thanks so much,

Dane

Tight Lines!

1 hour ago, MIbassyaker said:

Hmmm. I had no problem using the same fishhound code for the most recent memorial day sale.  Although I have heard people say occasionally the code won't work, and I wonder if there is some rule about how often you can use it per account.

2 hours ago, IndianaFinesse said:

I just ordered a couple weeks ago, and it took the FHABAQ214 code. 

You are correct, TW did not let me use the $5 off code during the memorial day sale either.

2 hours ago, MassYak85 said:

THIS x 10000000, you will save a lot doing it this way

3 hours ago, timsford said:

When I did it they had gift cards on sale for 10% off. They usually do it during the holidays but that may have changed. I did buy a couple hundred dollars worth during the Christmas sale last year and then saved them til memorial day

3 hours ago, CenCal fisher said:

I've tried to it a gift card while the sale are going in and the 10% isn't applied to gift cards. Did this only work in the past?

3 hours ago, timsford said:

4 hours ago, MIbassyaker said:

Thanks so much for the advice guys!

Tight Lines!

Black Friday is a good one. I can get a little out of control if there is stuff I need during the 25 days of christmas. Last year I got 3 1,000yd spools of Red Label and a lot of Trokars.

On the Memorial day sale, if you're military they also give you the 10% Military discount for a total of 25% off. That was a great surprise for me.

Black Friday is usually 20% off so that's when I get most of my stuff, but the 25 days of Christmas sale always has stuff I need so I like them both. Last year I got a lot of seaguar because it was on sale

anytime is a good time to order………………...

• Like 1

I believe the 10% off gift cards is only available during their 25 Days of Christmas, I've always seen gift cards excluded in their other sales.

While you still have the money in your pocket.

Hi All,

I just wanted to see if I can get some confirmation on the upcoming 2017 Black Friday Sale.

Are Shimano products excluded?

What Reels are good purchases at this time?

Thanks in advance.

Shawn

I didn't even know about these 10% cards till now! I never miss a sale though.... Especially not the Black Friday one.