tater555

FS: Daiwa TD-Z & Dobyns Champ

Hey guys, due to some unfortunate circumstances I am selling one of my favorite combos. The reel is a Daiwa TDZ 103H with an orange SV spool and RCS corks. I would rate it 9/10 mechanically and 8/10 cosmetically due to a little boat rash on the palm side plate. This reel does very well down to 1/8 oz but I haven't tried anything lighter. The rod is a Dobyns Champion 682c and is in great condition. Paired together this is a very light and balanced combo, the balancing point is right on the reel seat nut. I would like to get $200 TYD for the reel and $175 for the rod, but will sell as a combo for $350. Payment via PayPal only, and I am not looking for trades. I can't get anymore photos to upload to photobucket for some reason, but would be more than happy to send pics via email or cell phone if interested. Thank you for looking!

trade the rod for a chronarch 201e7? shoot sorry didnt read it through lol good luck

Edited by Honkytonk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Honkytonk said:

trade the rod for a chronarch 201e7?

He said he was not looking for any trades.

Tater, I am going to send you a PM with my email address. I will upload some pics for you.

sorry to hear of said circumstances, but i can second that Michael is a great guy to deal with.  I can also say from experience that the 682c is a fantastic little rod!

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind words everyone, I really do appreciate it. And a big thank you to Kickerfish1 for uploading the pics for me! 

If anyone is interested, I would sell the reel in stock form for $125, the Steez SV105 spool for $90, and the RCS corks for $30 (no bearings or screws) Prices are TYD via PayPal only

Interested in the TD-Z but I don't have PayPal...

On August 16, 2016 at 8:48 PM, buzzed bait said:

sorry to hear of said circumstances, but i can second that Michael is a great guy to deal with.  I can also say from experience that the 682c is a fantastic little rod!

What does the 682c excell at if you don't mind me asking? 

10 hours ago, illinifan4152 said:

What does the 682c excell at if you don't mind me asking? 

i'm not sure what i'd say it excelled in, but it's a fantastic all around rod for lighter baits.  i used it with small jerkbaits, small topwaters, shakyheads and even small 1/4oz spinnerbaits.  it's light as a feather and just a fantastic all around stick for lighter baits and lighter cover situations.

On August 16, 2016 at 9:48 PM, tater555 said:
22 hours ago, Big-Bass said:

Interested in the TD-Z but I don't have PayPal...

Sorry man, I try to keep everything through PayPal.

And buzzed bait is correct about the 682c, it is a fantastic rod for small top waters, shakeyheads, small jerkbaits, and 4" senkos

Would be willing to trade the set up for a decent depth finder (at least a 5" screen) or a bow mount trolling motor (I know it may be a long shot due to shipping, never know if you don't try) I just got another Jon boat so I'm looking to set it up, trolling motor 40-75lb thrust would do. Could possibly add cash or other things.