Sign in to follow this  
rawjuice

WTB 5wt Fly Reel

Just wondering if anyone has any nice fly reels they may want to sell for a decent price. Looking to put 5wt line on so a 4/5 or 5/6 wt reel if anyone is interested, pm me with details. Thank you!

I have an Orvis Access II in Titanium (3-5wt.) that I may consider selling that is new in box.  It retails for $155 but I probably sell it for like $125-$130...again its literally NIB and machined aluminum throughout.  Thanks.

With a few exceptions (of which I have little expertise) the REEL is a lot less critical to the fly line weight than the rod is.  A reel with a larger arbor will take in line more quickly than one without BUT otherwise, for general purpose, just about any reel will work with any line weight

On 8/30/2016 at 5:37 PM, Ratherbfishing said:

With a few exceptions (of which I have little expertise) the REEL is a lot less critical to the fly line weight than the rod is.  A reel with a larger arbor will take in line more quickly than one without BUT otherwise, for general purpose, just about any reel will work with any line weight

Been fly fishing for awhile lol, i already know this stuff, i just want to replace my reel with something a little more nice and get new fly line on, I dont want to put new line on the current reel, so just trying have a fresh setup. Thanks though!